Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time to bid farewell to Facebook and You Tube attach on free speech and choose alternatives.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Its time to bid farewell to Facebook and You Tube attach on free speech and choose alternatives.

So You Tube has deleted Alex Jones' Info Wars Channel at the behest of commie leftie greenie libloon CNN as expected.
    Latest reports state that Apple, Facebook and Google have joined forces to impose a complete ban. I accept that the sandy Hook school shooting was not done by actors and that some of Jones' claims about pedophilia may be over the top, but a lot of his opinions are on the money and he has been a champion in the battle between moderate politics to which I subscribe and the commie leftie greenie libloon progressives blighting our lives.

President Trump managed to get round the virtual block on broadcasting his rallies and events by the use of internet alternatives to mainstream media. He is building up a support base completely outside the clutches of CNN and their cohorts. The right to free speech is central to freedom itself. The people must be allowed to hear all sides and make their own minds up. Fianna Fail is now proposing a tax on internet advertising to be paid to promote proper journalism selected by politician's quango like the citizen's assembly.

Is it time to move away from the tech giants and on to their competition. I accept that the technical aspects of this topic
    are not my strong point. I enjoy You Tube for the many scientific and history videos available and for the helpful videos on car repair, but i feel its time to find alternatives. There are a few alternatives in theses links. I believe we must make it as hard as possible for them to mount a coordinated shut down of shows like Alex Jones'. I would be looking at GAP but would like to hear your views.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/6/17...tforms-hosting

I regret the word attach, can't edit it should read attack

The fence, the capital, the other bits and occasionally the foreign bits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sh1t happens. World moves on. Real people, with real lives, don't care.
    Belofte maakt schuld.

Politics.ie Member Hillmanhunter1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    So You Tube has deleted Alex Jones' Info Wars Channel at the behest of commie leftie greenie libloon CNN as expected.
    Latest reports state that Apple, Facebook and Google have joined forces to impose a complete ban. I accept that the sandy Hook school shooting was not done by actors and that some of Jones' claims about pedophilia may be over the top, but a lot of his opinions are on the money and he has been a champion in the battle between moderate politics to which I subscribe and the commie leftie greenie libloon progressives blighting our lives.

President Trump managed to get round the virtual block on broadcasting his rallies and events by the use of internet alternatives to mainstream media. He is building up a support base completely outside the clutches of CNN and their cohorts. The right to free speech is central to freedom itself. The people must be allowed to hear all sides and make their own minds up. Fianna Fail is now proposing a tax on internet advertising to be paid to promote proper journalism selected by politician's quango like the citizen's assembly.

Is it time to move away from the tech giants and on to their competition. I accept that the technical aspects of this topic
    are not my strong point. I enjoy You Tube for the many scientific and history videos available and for the helpful videos on car repair, but i feel its time to find alternatives. There are a few alternatives in theses links. I believe we must make it as hard as possible for them to mount a coordinated shut down of shows like Alex Jones'. I would be looking at GAP but would like to hear your views.

Its time for Twitter to close Trump's account too.
    UK exports to EU = 48%. EU exports to U.K. = 8 %. RoI exports to UK = 14%. RoI exports to EU = 50%.

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You missed the boat there val - already a thread on this >>> http://www.politics.ie/forum/media/2...ated-move.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillmanhunter1 View Post
    Trump retweeted a video of his followers abusing a journalist.

Morally, he and Jones share a level.
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Why?
    Somebody grab the script!

Politics.ie Member Hillmanhunter1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Why?
    1 - Incitement to hatred - tweets about Muslims and Mexicans;
    2 - Obstruction of justice - threats to Sessions and Mueller;
    3 - Threatening to obliterate an entire country - tweet about Iran
    UK exports to EU = 48%. EU exports to U.K. = 8 %. RoI exports to UK = 14%. RoI exports to EU = 50%.

1 - Incitement to hatred - tweets about Muslims and Mexicans;
    2 - Obstruction of justice - threats to Sessions and Mueller;
    3 - Threatening to obliterate an entire country - tweet about Iran
    1- I wouldn't go that far. What tweet would you class as ITH?
    2-Well, time will tell if it is or not. All he is doing is bringing more scrutiny on himself really
    3-That was a bit mad alright, but I think banning him for it would only stir up his support base into a frenzy and make him a twitter martyr
    Somebody grab the script!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its time to bid farewell to Facebook and You Tube attach on free speech and choose alternatives.
    The funniest thing about this is that, based on your posting history, I must suspect that at least part of you believes that Facebook and Youtube would somehow notice your absence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here you go https://gab.ai/

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast