Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Media, "it is enemy of the American people" .. undermining freedom of press (Second Thread)

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    sigh

The White House is circulating a doctored Infowars video - VICE News

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That 32% need to watch more of the MSM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As for buzzfeed, I'd be very surprised if they made any statement that the video was genuine. Whatever about proving a negative in principle, you'll certainly find it very hard to do so in such a short time after the allegation emerged from AP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooner View Post
    Wallace and Dana Perino are right and they're not the usual partisans on Fox saying this. They're a lot more measured and balanced in who they direct criticism at.

I would be in no doubt many of Acosta's colleagues are tired of the clear grandstanding on display.
    You need to stop looking at Pox News.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You’re wasting your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooner View Post
    Wallace and Dana Perino are right and they're not the usual partisans on Fox saying this. They're a lot more measured and balanced in who they direct criticism at.

I would be in no doubt many of Acosta's colleagues are tired of the clear grandstanding on display.
    Journalists are annoying. It's part of their job. And they need managing.

The doctored video, if indeed it was doctored, is unforgivable however. Even if they simply naively lifted it from Infowars.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    As for buzzfeed, I'd be very surprised if they made any statement that the video was genuine. Whatever about proving a negative in principle, you'll certainly find it very hard to do so in such a short time after the allegation emerged from AP.
    Here's what Buzzfeed are saying: that there are differences but it's not clear whether they were carried out deliberately or happened as a result of the original being downloaded and its format changed.

In any case nobody (except Inforwars and the like) is saying that the WH video is as accurate as the original, which is what Huckabee-Sanders was trying to claim.

For me, one of the most fascinating aspects of the Trump WH (in a rather spine-chilling way) is just how ineffective their famous "checks and balances" actually are against someone who clearly has no personal ethics at all and is prepared to just ignore them.

The reality seems to be that the checks and balances were based on a belief that most of the people in positions of authority would be good decent people, and that any danger of a dictatorship would come from a single power-hungry man, not from a whole set of people conniving.
    KOBO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    You’re wasting your time.
    Enda will indeed continue to swallow unsourced on-line disinformation, including patent, glowingly obvious lies (see above).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    Here's what Buzzfeed are saying: that there are differences but it's not clear whether they were carried out deliberately or happened as a result of the original being downloaded and its format changed.

In any case nobody (except Inforwars and the like) is saying that the WH video is as accurate as the original, which is what Huckabee-Sanders was trying to claim.

For me, one of the most fascinating aspects of the Trump WH (in a rather spine-chilling way) is just how ineffective their famous "checks and balances" actually are against someone who clearly has no personal ethics at all and is prepared to just ignore them.

The reality seems to be that the checks and balances were based on a belief that most of the people in positions of authority would be good decent people, and that any danger of a dictatorship would come from a single power-hungry man, not from a whole set of people conniving.
    The Buzzword reporter who wrote the text in your link seems to think that Acosta ought to apologise for touching the intern's arm in a reflex action as she lunges at him. Whether or not he should apologise for not bleeding sitting down after being told repeatedly that his turn was up, the idea that he should apologise for making what looks to me like gentle hand-on-arm contact is absurd. The person who committed the space invasion was clearly the intern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the shooting war really starts over there it will be brutal but thankfully short,
    There are only two genders.