Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 245 of 316 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3154

Thread: Mueller's Investigation of Trump on the ropes.Chart the unravelling here (Second Thread)

  1. #2441
    Politics.ie Member amsterdemmetje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    Point taken-wasn't aware it had a history of right wing bias.Facts are the facts though. They're not saying anything that is factually incorrect though. Something's rotten. And in case you didn't notice, this is a debating forum. My point was pertinent.Hide behind the insults if you want. There's been no evidence of Russian collusion either.Would you like that discussion closed down too?
    Sure Waggy sure whatever you say.
    Gemakzucht.

  2. #2442
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,814
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    The fact that that drivel describes Macron as a 'socialist leftie' when he is a smidgen short of Le Pen tells you everything you need to know about its accuracy.

  3. #2443
    Politics.ie Member toastedheretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    You forget that in their rush to keep Mueller he will have Carte Blanche permission to look at what they got up to............ their celebrating may be too soon.

    Already established FBI broke their own protocols in seeking FISA warrant.
    Established, where ,who? any linky?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #2444
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    50,309
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Sounds from the Law360 website that SCOTUS is leaning towards rejecting the challenge to the "Separate Sovereigns" principle. This would mean that states can still prosecute for offences already tried by federal courts. Could have had implications for the Mueller probe though its not directly related.
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  5. #2445
    Politics.ie Member toastedheretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Expect some formidable footwear to hit the floor this afternoon ET, particularly in relation to Manafort, Cohen also under the spotlight..

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  6. #2446
    Politics.ie Member owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW of Dublin - Co. Meath
    Posts
    43,698
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toastedheretic View Post
    Expect some formidable footwear to hit the floor this afternoon ET, particularly in relation to Manafort, Cohen also under the spotlight..

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    3 new Mueller filings may show some of what ex-Trump aides have told investigators
    Two sentencing memos for Michael Cohen and a document detailing Paul Manafort's alleged "crimes and lies" are due to be filed Friday.
    Yes, another nail-biter for Trump and the Trumpanistas.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-trump-n944801
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

  7. #2447
    Politics.ie Member owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW of Dublin - Co. Meath
    Posts
    43,698
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    A larger collusion is about Trump's ties to Russian dirty money, the Mafia and the Oligarchs.

    Robert Mueller’s bigger collusion picture is starting to emerge.
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

  8. #2448
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,101
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    Point taken-wasn't aware it had a history of right wing bias.Facts are the facts though. They're not saying anything that is factually incorrect though. Something's rotten. And in case you didn't notice, this is a debating forum. My point was pertinent.Hide behind the insults if you want. There's been no evidence of Russian collusion either.Would you like that discussion closed down too?
    There is evidence of Russian interference though, and there is a load of further evidence that the Trump campaign knew about it and wanted to profit from it. Mueller may have the evidence to join those two together at this stage. Besides, Mueller's investigation has exposed other forms of criminality among various Trump associates and surely you'd agree that is a positive outcome?
    Mueller may also well have found tax evasion by Trump which he has yet to announce, for example. If so, that will be addressed. Shouldn't Americans be pleased at that?

  9. #2449
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    50,309
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    The new AG nominee has previously criticised the Mueller probe.

    Trump picks William Barr as next attorney general | TheHill

    Also Mueller questioned John Kelly over the summer in the obstruction of justice part of the investigation.

    Mueller questioned Kelly in obstruction of justice probe: report | TheHill
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  10. #2450
    Politics.ie Member President Bartlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Oval Office, The West Wing
    Posts
    8,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Michael Cohen case: Prosecutors want 'substantial term of imprisonment' - CNNPolitics

    Its recommended that Cohen get a "substantial term of imprisonment"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •