Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 514 of 582 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 5815

Thread: Repeal the 8th (Second Thread)

  1. #5131
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    50,308
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Obstetricians, including the former Master of the Coombes Hospital, and some pro choice groups (speaking privately to the Irish Times) have expressed concerns that the introduction of abortion is happening before it can be performed safely. The former Master is saying that he will participate in providing abortions but only when it can be performed safely.

    Obstetricians want delay to abortion services over safety fears
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  2. #5132
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The go date has been signposted for 6 months. If they arent prepared its because they chose not to be.

  3. #5133
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    50,308
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchaill Dana View Post
    The go date has been signposted for 6 months. If they arent prepared its because they chose not to be.
    Or because we have a Third World health service. Or at least a developing world one.
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  4. #5134
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Or because we have a Third World health service. Or at least a developing world one.
    The organisation claiming to not be prepared are the organisation responsible for the preparations. Its the same noflake fillibustering. If the concerns are legitimate, deal with them.

  5. #5135
    Politics.ie Member parentheses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Obstetricians, including the former Master of the Coombes Hospital, and some pro choice groups (speaking privately to the Irish Times) have expressed concerns that the introduction of abortion is happening before it can be performed safely. The former Master is saying that he will participate in providing abortions but only when it can be performed safely.

    Obstetricians want delay to abortion services over safety fears
    Thats a good point. Very few Irish medical professionals have current experience of providing abortions.
    Click an ad a day on politics.ie

  6. #5136
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
    Thats a good point. Very few Irish medical professionals have current experience of providing abortions.
    So they learn from doctors that do.

    Its not as if this is a surprise

  7. #5137
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    846
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchaill Dana View Post
    Conor, if you are going to claim there isnt a violent streak in the O'Taliban you are either:

    - so fundamentally ignorant of the topic you shouldn't be discussing it
    - lying for jesus

    Either way, calls for holy war and mcjihad are going to be looked at differently to the normal online bile.
    Posts that contain juvenile terms like O'Taliban, lying for Jesus and mcjihad are indicative of a poster with nothing of any consequence to contribute to the topic - which is fair enough as a good bit of what you have contributed has been proven to be based on nothing but your own prejudices.

  8. #5138
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Myers View Post
    Posts that contain juvenile terms like O'Taliban, lying for Jesus and mcjihad are indicative of a poster with nothing of any consequence to contribute to the topic - which is fair enough as a good bit of what you have contributed has been proven to be based on nothing but your own prejudices.
    Nice try. You were caught either bluffing or lying.

  9. #5139
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cavan
    Posts
    8,733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Why is Harris against the idea of letting healthcare workers who oppose abortion refuse to make referrals for abortions? Isn't changing the law to let those physicians who are willing to take part - directly or indirectly - in abortions do so enough to solve the problem of women with fatal foetal abnormality pregnancies going to Britain because the Eighth constrained those physicians?

  10. #5140
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    50,308
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    Why is Harris against the idea of letting healthcare workers who oppose abortion refuse to make referrals for abortions?
    Because it would risk preventing the woman getting her constitutionally protected right to an abortion.
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •