Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 659 of 2519 FirstFirst ... 15955960964965565665765865966066166266366970975911591659 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 25183

Thread: BREXIT: the general forum (Second Thread)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Very risky for the Tories to let Theresa May loose at another General Election . She should have won the last one and didn’t do it . Now the last time people did not think Corbyn could win (myself included ) but this time there is the possibility that Corbyn could win . A huge risk to let Theresa May have another go and the Tories really like to win .
    There isn't a single piece of polling though that suggests a better outcome without her is there?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    The Covenant itself was an explicit threat of violence. There is no either/or here. The playbook never changes.
    Correct .

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Well this is assuming, as I said, the UK govt wants a deal, and so far there is a good deal of evidence to indicate they don't - not really.

But if the full horror of a crash out dawns then the obvious thing to do is throw the DUP under the bus. They can't be coaxed but they can be faced down. Look, the DUP are irrational. A Border in the Irish Sea could generate an economic boom for NI, but no they won't have it. A crash out could lead to a reunification Poll in a couple of years. But the DUP don't think like that.

Just tell them No. That bit they do understand, though they will pretend not to. But this would take a concerted bloody plan by the British govt to get on without them.
    I would suggest that it would cover both a no deal, and a failed attempt to get a deal. They want a deal and badly so.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    There isn't a single piece of polling though that suggests a better outcome without her is there?

No stand out candidate and the sensible ones are keeping their powder dry until after 29thy of March next year or until Brexit is sort of sorted .

A hell of a big risk for the Dup to cause a General Election . Interesting times .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No stand out candidate and the sensible ones are keeping their powder dry until after 29thy of March next year or until Brexit is sort of sorted .

A hell of a big risk for the Dup to cause a General Election . Interesting times .
    So no, there's nothing that suggests that she's anything other than the Tories biggest electoral asset is there? She consistently beats Corbyn on pretty much every category that's tested by every polling company. The same polls that show Corbyn beating/drawing with Johnson.

There's risk in everything. An election looms and she's still the best bet for them. And ultimately is comfortably the most popular person for leader within her own party.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes . Thats how I read it .
    If a SF leader used those terms, you can just imagine the reaction

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"If anyone has listened to Barnier in his partisan visits, it's clear he doesn't have NI's industries at heart". Love you Sammy. So much.

Sammy outright says he's been chatting with Tory MPs who have told him to hold the line and beat down May.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So no, there's nothing that suggests that she's anything other than the Tories biggest electoral asset is there? She consistently beats Corbyn on pretty much every category that's tested by every polling company. The same polls that show Corbyn beating/drawing with Johnson.

There's risk in everything. An election looms and she's still the best bet for them.
    I like elections but she should have won the last one and didn’t . Tories like winning elections and do not get caught up in ideology or otherwise . A situation that the Left often seems to allow to happen .

Theresa May lacks some sort of common touch and for a Politician she is not a great liar which sadly is a drawback for politicians .

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"If anyone has listened to Barnier in his partisan visits, it's clear he doesn't have NI's industries at heart". Love you Sammy. So much.

Sammy outright says he's been chatting with Tory MPs who have told him to hold the line and beat down May.
    Yes he is stupid enough to say that.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like elections but she should have won the last one and didn’t . Tories like winning elections and do not get caught up in ideology or otherwise . A situation that the Left often seems to allow to happen .

Theresa May lacks some sort of common touch and for a Politician she is not a great liar which sadly is a drawback for politicians .

Tough call these days to find a truthful quote from any politicians these days.