Politics.ie Member President Bartlet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DUP threatens 'serious action' over Brexit - BBC News

Would someone tell this shower of sh1tes to fook right off

Quote Originally Posted by President Bartlet View Post

If it wasnt so serious it would be laughable, the British government relying on the support of 10 flat earthers with an ideology deeply embedded in the 18th century.

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are playing a very dangerous game. If they do vote down the Budget, this would usually result in a GE, but because of Fixed Term Parliament rules, the more likely result would be that May resigns on a vote of No Confidence, and is replaced by a ERGer. This might in turn lead to a soft Tory revolt, forcing a GE because Parliament cannot function at all. In those circumstances, the door is open to Labour or some coalition of anti-ERGers. The DUP end up totally sidelined.

On the other hand, this might suit them, as they have absolutely no idea what to do anyway and would probably like to blame someone else.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

"Mr Wilson said the talks risked Northern Ireland being ruled by Brussels rather than by London and being separated from the rest of UK from participation in trade deals.

He said proposals to deal with EU customs checks are not necessary.

He also said that Northern Ireland does not need to be part of the single market to have "a frictionless trade deal" which the Government want so to work towards."

Has the penny not dropped with Sammy and the rest of the flat earth society? Northern Ireland is no more than an expensive nuisance completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things that the British will throw under the bus when the time is right.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

DUP: EU Irish border claim is 'astonishing confidence trick' | Politics | The Guardian

Sammy Wilson says UK government has ‘bought the con’ that border is road-block to deal

Gormless Sammy accuses Europe of conning the UK government? Ffs! Pots and kettles, Sammy..................
    The penny still hasn't dropped that the only people who 'bought a con' here, to borrow his own phrase, are him and his colleagues. They fell for it hook, line and sinker.
    It's been obvious from the outset to anyone who isn't an utter fool that:
    A) From the outset, the EU held all the cards.
    B) May's talk about "No deal" being a realistic option was negotiating bluster. She just isn't that crazy that she believes it.
    C) If trade-offs were needed to get the deal done then the 'back-stop' was going to be very high on the list, if not at the very top.

It was utterly naive of the DUP to take the word of a British PM, and if a stubborn bag of nails like Maggie Thatcher was prepared to sell out the unionists three decades ago, then a softie like Theresa was going to be a pushover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as Barnier says....
    "Our proposal gives Northern Ireland benefits that no part of a third country enjoys, in particular continued access to the single market for goods and continued benefits from EU free trade agreements."
    Brexit: Barnier says May’s Chequers plan would give UK 'huge competitive edge' over EU – Politics live | Politics | The Guardian

And sure who would want that ...

the DUPlicitous really are the fookin pits ... spoilt bitter twats

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is quite a lot of evidence that the hard Brexiteer plan is to let May dawdle on, remove her in the final run-up, appoint an ERGer, sit on their hands till the deadline expires, and then crash out with no deal.

I for one do not believe the DUP are issuing threats to withdraw support from May simply because they are feeling stroppy or in need of attention. Historically, they have always been used by Tories to play their own games. The DUP of course will do anything they think will mean NI remains aligned with the UK so they are willing catspaws.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    Ian og,
    again the use of the Irish language to belittle unionists.
    That's why there will never be an irish language act.
    I wonder if you actually believe any of that.

Ian Óg just means "young Ian" i.e Ian Jr. Which was his name for the vast majority of his life.

There will definitely be an ILA. Everyone already signed up to it. It's coming. Brace yourself, madadh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyedia View Post
    I wonder if you actually believe any of that.

Ian Óg just means "young Ian" i.e Ian Jr. Which was his name for the vast majority of his life.

There will definitely be an ILA. Everyone already signed up to it. It's coming. Brace yourself, madadh.

During the "chuckle brothers " era, I did concede there was something like 80% Nationalists and something like 2% of unionists were OK with the Stormont set up which ensured British jurisdiction in the six counties, today, I reckon it is 100% Nationalist and something as high as 15% unionists.......thank you Snarlene and the rest of your cavedwellers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    During the "chuckle brothers " era, I did concede there was something like 80% Nationalists and something like 2% of unionists were OK with the Stormont set up which ensured British jurisdiction in the six counties, today, I reckon it is 100% Nationalist and something as high as 15% unionists.......thank you Snarlene and the rest of your cavedwellers.
    Your post is nonsense, but that's not a big surprise.