Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 839 of 857 FirstFirst ... 339739789829835836837838839840841842843849 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 8565

Thread: Trump and reshaping the judiciary

Politics.ie Member toastedheretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notachipanoaktree View Post
    So when are you moving out skill-less office worker (invoice counter) dope.
    Ask your physican about HRT, thousands of middle aged women swear by it, gets them over the hump ,if ya get me?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Politics.ie Member PC Principle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toastedheretic View Post
    Living in yer mams box room plays foook with your T.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    We both know from your GPS screen shot the other day that you live by Mountjoy.

Lol.
    The Democrats havenít been this angry since the Republicans freed their slaves.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent article on the SC and white liberalism. Unless they all move to West Virginia or Indiana, they are fairly irrelevant.

Joe Manchin, up for re-election this year in the reddest state with a Democratic senator. Liberals swore retribution ó supporting Kavanaugh might just have cost him the vote of every single New Yorker subscriber in West Virginia.

Thatís white liberalismís problem in a nutshell. What voters it has are concentrated in places where their votes arenít needed. Theyíre not a terribly terrifying bloc in West Virginia or even Maine, where Susan Collins can be confident of weathering the storm in 2020, in a state where a Republican as outrageous as Paul LePage is, after all, governor. Even in Maine, white liberalism is dying.
    White liberalism is dying | Spectator USA
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are some arguments for the current structure of the Senate and Electoral College but trouble will come if the commanding heights of government do not reflect the popular vote. Increasingly, the system will be seen as a gerrymander at the national level.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

U.S. President Trump: Very scary time for young men in America

Starts around the 3:50 mark

Comments section is very interesting in this - men are finally becoming woke to feminazi tyranny. Almost all of 5,000 comments concern horror tales of false rape allegations, men losing their jobs because of false complaints to H.R. by man-hating scum, and the preening entitlement of the bullies which make up the feminazi hate-cult.
    Sample "Protect “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” by not voting Democrats into power. Even the male Dems are now controlled by the radical feminists."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    There are some arguments for the current structure of the Senate and Electoral College but trouble will come if the commanding heights of government do not reflect the popular vote. Increasingly, the system will be seen as a gerrymander at the national level.
    Well yes.

It's extremely difficult to defend a situation where Democrats received about 112m votes over the three elections to produce the current crop of Senators, compared to about 104m for Republicans, but Republicans wind up in the majority.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why the electoral college isn't going anywhere

Ban the Electoral College NOW!

Except that this requires a constitutional amendment which needs two-thirds of both the House and Senate and ratification by 38 out of 50 states (GOP controls the legislatures in 32 of these). As a short-term political strategy this is a total non-starter. There is no scenario in which Democrats secure two thirds of either legislative body, especially when the first time the Senate map will even be competitive for the Democrats will be 2022.

Even IF they controlled two thirds of both houses and three quarters of state legislatures, abolishing the electoral college has been attempted a number of times in the past and has never succeeded, even when such a move was backed overwhelmingly by public opinion. Even the backdoor option, known as the National Popular Vote interstate compact, whereby states would agree to award their electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote, has only garnered support from blue states. As a counter, the GOP has proposed awarding electoral votes by congressional district, which would be favorable for them, especially if they lost a particular state’s popular vote.
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    It was not the electoral college which caused Trump's election, it was a stupid campaign by Clinton.
    Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow

Look at this disgusting dirty hypocritical man-hating brute propositioning a vulnerable sixteen year old male child actor whilst she was on set with him in 1988 :-

Former How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris spills on Whoopi Goldberg’s sex offer

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...848c38eb23c3fd

“You know, I did my first movie ever with Whoopi Goldberg. A movie called Clara’s Heart,” Harris said.

“She told me, I was 15, 16 years old, she told me on my last day of shooting that in 10 years’ time she was going to have sex with me,” he said, according to Page Six.

And here's the ugly man-hating dog just before some pink-pussy-hat-crazies protest march in New York in January 2018

"Goldberg said during her speech. "We're all human beings and have a right to say, 'This is how I want to be spoken to. I don't want to be spoken to like you own me, like you think you can touch me when I say you cannot.' We are here to say — as women — we're not taking it anymore. It's just not going to happen."

Whoopi Goldberg Makes Surprise Speech at New York Women's March | Hollywood Reporter

What a creepy rotter. Can you imagine what would happen if the genders were reversed?

He's probably still afraid of how she might use her power to affect his career.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

While not condoning it, I would point out that if true Goldberg was talking about what she wanted to happen when he was 26, not 16.

Back on topic. The Senate has reached a deal on judicial nominees. Presumably both sides get some of their own confirmed. So a number of Republican appeals court nominees who have been waiting forever like Richard Sullivan , Ryan Nelson and David Porter are now going to be confirmed. This puts the 3rd Circuit on the verge of flipping to conservatives (Update Porter has been confirmed so its now 7 Democrat judges and 6 Republican ones - and there another seat to be filled but currently not on the agenda). The 3rd circuit includes Pennsylvania. Sullivan has been in the Federalist society but when he was confirmed to a district judgeship in 2017 he got almost unanimous approval.

The chamber began voting on the package of nominees shortly before 5 pm.

The nominees include David James Porter of Pennsylvania to sit on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, Ryan Nelson of Idaho to sit on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and Richard Sullivan of New York to sit on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals.
    That means the 2nd Circuit, which includes NY, its now 7 Democrat judges and 4 GOP ones and there are still 2 vacancies.
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 12th October 2018 at 02:51 AM.
    Jobs not Mobs.