Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 126

Thread: Is law and order the next big failure?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    15,162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Is law and order the next big failure?

    There are many active threads accurately detailing this government's abject performance in health and housing, and a few long lasting ones around specific issues in relation to "justice" - most specifically around high profile corruption in the higher ranks of AGS and the despicable treatment of honest Gardaí who tried to uncover some of the dodgy backscratching that went/goes on.

    There's less talk about law and order though, which now seems to be very much in decline and not getting the attention it deserves from the Minister for Justice who seems to be happier jumping on the populist "compensation for the laundry survivors", "blasphemy referendum" and "representation rights for alleged rape victims" bandwagons than actually dealing with the declining state of law and order in Ireland.

    In the past few weeks there has been some very serious crimes committed in Ireland - crimes that 5 years ago would be the main item on the news and discussed for weeks afterwards, but are now becoming almost common place:

    • The gang rape in Kildare last night
    • The machete attack in Ballincollig last weekend
    • The murder of Jastine Valdez a few weeks ago
    • The rape and murder of Ana Kriegel a few days before that
    • The murder of Cameron Reilly in Dunleer
    • The murder of Vincent Kelly in Bray last weekend
    • The car jacking at knife point in Phoenix Park two days ago
    • The on-going Kinahan-Hutch feud


    On top of that there's still a huge level of violent rural crime on an on-going basis and the level of drugs in the country is returning to Tiger economy levels.

    This all comes at a time when crime statistics carry a government health warning.

    Is FG's lack in interest in "little people" issues taking the finger off the "Pulse" so to speak?

    Is Charlie Flanagan the most ineffective MoJ in the history of the state or is the country just spontaneously becoming a seriously dangerous place to live?
    The more things change....

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's been a failure for several decades. Particularly the last forty years. All governments, all parties have failed.
    Bringing reconciliation, mutual respect and cross community understanding to Northern Ireland through facts

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    15,162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    It's been a failure for several decades. Particularly the last forty years. All governments, all parties have failed.
    Justice has failed, but largely law and order prevailed - Ireland was a relatively safe place to live by all the main statistics.

    It now seems that the "service delivery" end is also breaking down, like in health, where well paid managers and bureaucrats are more focused on careers and rewards than actually delivering the service.
    The more things change....

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Burnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    I'm just a stone's throw from nowhere.
    Posts
    7,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The well off will just gate their communities and employ private security, the rest of us will just have to make do and vote in the same failed parties again.....soon.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Advertising insults our intelligence. The intelligent thing to do is ignore advertising.
    Posts
    46,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    When a journalist reveals systematic coverups of motoring offences...by the police.....and the media oligopoly that employs her kicks her out....and she has to go to the IRL brach of a UK media firm, then you know you have a problem with law and order.

    Of course, when the cowboy that sacked her, gets on the EU commissions task force to fight "false news"....that sends an even more concenring message.
    Who are the chums of the Provisional Cult in the Middle East ? http://predicthistunpredictpast.blog...salute-on.html

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    15,162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    The well off will just gate their communities and employ private security, the rest of us will just have to make do and vote in the same failed parties again.....soon.
    Ireland doesn't have a significant "rent a cop" sector and it would be very concerning if we started to go that route, but would be right out of the FG "privatize" playbook if it did.
    The more things change....

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,075
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    There are many active threads accurately detailing this government's abject performance in health and housing, and a few long lasting ones around specific issues in relation to "justice" - most specifically around high profile corruption in the higher ranks of AGS and the despicable treatment of honest Gardaí who tried to uncover some of the dodgy backscratching that went/goes on.

    There's less talk about law and order though, which now seems to be very much in decline and not getting the attention it deserves from the Minister for Justice who seems to be happier jumping on the populist "compensation for the laundry survivors", "blasphemy referendum" and "representation rights for alleged rape victims" bandwagons than actually dealing with the declining state of law and order in Ireland.

    In the past few weeks there has been some very serious crimes committed in Ireland - crimes that 5 years ago would be the main item on the news and discussed for weeks afterwards, but are now becoming almost common place:

    • The gang rape in Kildare last night
    • The machete attack in Ballincollig last weekend
    • The murder of Jastine Valdez a few weeks ago
    • The rape and murder of Ana Kriegel a few days before that
    • The murder of Cameron Reilly in Dunleer
    • The murder of Vincent Kelly in Bray last weekend
    • The car jacking at knife point in Phoenix Park two days ago
    • The on-going Kinahan-Hutch feud


    On top of that there's still a huge level of violent rural crime on an on-going basis and the level of drugs in the country is returning to Tiger economy levels.

    This all comes at a time when crime statistics carry a government health warning.

    Is FG's lack in interest in "little people" issues taking the finger off the "Pulse" so to speak?

    Is Charlie Flanagan the most ineffective MoJ in the history of the state or is the country just spontaneously becoming a seriously dangerous place to live?
    Flannels is not up to the job that's for sure....


    The trouble is the judicial system

    - the Gardaí are by Global standards not that bad a Force

    I think shambolic mismanagement is their Achilles Heel rather than Corruption
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Advertising insults our intelligence. The intelligent thing to do is ignore advertising.
    Posts
    46,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This has been a problem for at least two decades.

    PRAVDA paid one of their top "stars" a fortune, and he blew it all on cocaine. At the same time McDowell made remarks about wealthy people being responsible for fuelling the crime epidemic in the city, due to the consumption of Cocaine. PRAVDA responded by ridiculing McDowell.

    If the national propaganda quango has been a coke-house, for years, then there is a serious serious problem, right through all layers of society.
    Who are the chums of the Provisional Cult in the Middle East ? http://predicthistunpredictpast.blog...salute-on.html

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    There are many active threads accurately detailing this government's abject performance in health and housing, and a few long lasting ones around specific issues in relation to "justice" - most specifically around high profile corruption in the higher ranks of AGS and the despicable treatment of honest Gardaí who tried to uncover some of the dodgy backscratching that went/goes on.

    There's less talk about law and order though, which now seems to be very much in decline and not getting the attention it deserves from the Minister for Justice who seems to be happier jumping on the populist "compensation for the laundry survivors", "blasphemy referendum" and "representation rights for alleged rape victims" bandwagons than actually dealing with the declining state of law and order in Ireland.

    In the past few weeks there has been some very serious crimes committed in Ireland - crimes that 5 years ago would be the main item on the news and discussed for weeks afterwards, but are now becoming almost common place:

    • The gang rape in Kildare last night
    • The machete attack in Ballincollig last weekend
    • The murder of Jastine Valdez a few weeks ago
    • The rape and murder of Ana Kriegel a few days before that
    • The murder of Cameron Reilly in Dunleer
    • The murder of Vincent Kelly in Bray last weekend
    • The car jacking at knife point in Phoenix Park two days ago
    • The on-going Kinahan-Hutch feud


    On top of that there's still a huge level of violent rural crime on an on-going basis and the level of drugs in the country is returning to Tiger economy levels.

    This all comes at a time when crime statistics carry a government health warning.

    Is FG's lack in interest in "little people" issues taking the finger off the "Pulse" so to speak?

    Is Charlie Flanagan the most ineffective MoJ in the history of the state or is the country just spontaneously becoming a seriously dangerous place to live?
    There is one and only one failure, POLITICS. Politics has been infiltrated and overpowered by the Neoliberals, Radical militant Feminists and the P&CS itself. Everything they touch fails ultimately because they are the product of a failing education system that refuses parchment to the smart ones and endows the very malleable with whatever piece of paper they want as long as they continue to do as directed. It is programmed to fail in order to push further into an all controlling fascist society.

    You've been warned, k. BIG BROTHER IS NIGH

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Olympic Stadium
    Posts
    58,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ive been saying it for years

    - Kids accessing inappropriate sites
    - Too much violence on TV
    - MMA seen as a sport
    - Glorification of Conor McGregor
    - Mental illness in some
    - Alcohol abuse
    - Too much aggression in society

    etc..

    Zero tolerance for all possession of drugs etc... required immediately.
    Zero tolerance for bullying
    Zero tolerance for posting violence to social media sites

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •