Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 321

Thread: Peace in our time

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member HenryHorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Peace in our time

    Even the most hardened of deluded anti Trumpers must now admit this man is the standout President of the modern era. What he has achieved thus far by firstly getting Kim Un Fat to the table and then getting a signed agreement on denuclearisation is quite frankly stunning.

    https://news.sky.com/story/history-i...ummit-11402048

    This must be hitting the anti Trumpers hard as they would have rather seen a nuclear war than see a massive victory for President Trump and indeed our planet. It must be like a funeral service on CNN today it's just a pity i kicked my Sky TV subs into touch as i won't have the pleasure of watching it

    We now have a genuine candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize unlike that fraud "Talk show Obama".

    This is a wonderful day. Go outside, go for a walk, rejoice, breath in the fresh air.

    Thank you President Trump.
    Peter Casey for President

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It is true that even at this stage, Trump's accomplishments make a mockery of Obama.


    However, it is far to early to talk outcomes here. This is the start as far as I am concerned. Getting rid of NK's nukes is the start - and proper confirmation and validation, not like the Obama-Iran con.

    That would be something worth crediting Trump with.


    But I would like to see that leveraged into further NK reform, especially the political and economic oppression.
    "They want to think about dicks going into places they dream about having one. petunia" - Eagle of the Ninth

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member HenryHorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    It is true that even at this stage, Trump's accomplishments make a mockery of Obama.


    However, it is far to early to talk outcomes here. This is the start as far as I am concerned. Getting rid of NK's nukes is the start - and proper confirmation and validation, not like the Obama-Iran con.

    That would be something worth crediting Trump with.


    But I would like to see that leveraged into further NK reform, especially the political and economic oppression.
    It's a start and a wonderful one at that. Where Obama was too busy playing a popularity contest doing the talk show rounds keeping his liberal buddies happy Trump has got about the business of a President. Trump's fire and fury comment was roundly ridiculed by the fools on CNN, RTE, Sky etc... now look.
    Peter Casey for President

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    He'll be slagging off Kim via Twitter on the flight home...

    With Trump you meet, you be civil, you go through the motions and you leave without taking anything literally... cos he'll be lampooning you before long...

    He is like a child in a playground... they met for a few hours and according to Trump they've developed a 'special bond'... FFS... Kids in playgrounds make friends slower...

    Anyway... I hope this is a success although I won't be surprised if it's not.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member HenryHorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    He'll be slagging off Kim via Twitter on the flight home...

    With Trump you meet, you be civil, you go through the motions and you leave without taking anything literally... cos he'll be lampooning you before long...

    He is like a child in a playground... they met for a few hours and according to Trump they've developed a 'special bond'... FFS... Kids in playgrounds make friends slower...

    Anyway... I hope this is a success although I won't be surprised if it's not.
    BS. Admit it this is killing you. You hope it goes tits up.
    Peter Casey for President

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,993
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Great Guy .

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryHorace View Post
    BS. Admit it this is killing you. You hope it goes tits up.
    Killing me... FFS...

    Nah... I hope it's a success as I said... but if it's not... well... I won't be in shock...

    Whether you believe I hope it's a success or not doesn't really bother me...

    I think the 'Peace in our time' title is a tad premature and naive though...

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kildare
    Posts
    9,342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryHorace View Post
    Even the most hardened of deluded anti Trumpers must now admit this man is the standout President of the modern era. What he has achieved thus far by firstly getting Kim Un Fat to the table and then getting a signed agreement on denuclearisation is quite frankly stunning.

    https://news.sky.com/story/history-i...ummit-11402048

    This must be hitting the anti Trumpers hard as they would have rather seen a nuclear war than see a massive victory for President Trump and indeed our planet. It must be like a funeral service on CNN today it's just a pity i kicked my Sky TV subs into touch as i won't have the pleasure of watching it

    We now have a genuine candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize unlike that fraud "Talk show Obama".

    This is a wonderful day. Go outside, go for a walk, rejoice, breath in the fresh air.

    Thank you President Trump.
    Utter nonsense.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/u...i-arabia-.html

    The State Department said on Thursday that it had approved the sale of an estimated $670 million in anti-tank missiles to Saudi Arabia, just hours after Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman met with Pentagon leaders to discuss the Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen.
    Not to mention his uncritical response to Israel's murder of innocent Palestinian children and children.

    Funny how de-nuclearisation never applies to the US

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22,905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitchcock View Post
    Utter nonsense.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/u...i-arabia-.html

    Not to mention his uncritical response to Israel's murder of innocent Palestinian children and children.

    Funny how de-nuclearisation never applies to the US
    It is when you think about it... seeing as they're the only country to have ever used them.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    He'll be slagging off Kim via Twitter on the flight home...

    With Trump you meet, you be civil, you go through the motions and you leave without taking anything literally... cos he'll be lampooning you before long...

    He is like a child in a playground... they met for a few hours and according to Trump they've developed a 'special bond'... FFS... Kids in playgrounds make friends slower...

    Anyway... I hope this is a success although I won't be surprised if it's not.
    And yet there Kim Jong-Un was. Funny, huh?


    Trump clearly blows smoke up your arse as long as you are travelling in his direction, as Kim Jong-Un is now. But he will indeed cut loose again if NK backslides. We know that is what he does.

    It is hardly playground stuff. Only a child would say something so stupid.
    "They want to think about dicks going into places they dream about having one. petunia" - Eagle of the Ninth

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •