Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Thread: Vasectomy Money ran out in March. What are Irish women going we to do?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Vasectomy Money ran out in March. What are Irish women going we to do?

    Just when the world was biting its nails in the hope that President Trump and Supreme Leftist leader Kim Flung Dung would pull it off, Irish people are warned by a Doctor of an impending disaster. The annual money our wonderful government put aside to provide vasectomies ran out in March. Government views the procedure which is carried out on men as essential in the liberation of women who don’t have to bother about contraception.

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36996360.html

    A survey carried out in Britain found that of 1,000 married men who were vasectomized in 2013, only 34 (.34%) of their wives later conceived a baby. Waterford GP Dr Fergus McMarried said that "They are saying a lot of people who go for the abortions are not 22-year-olds at the start of planning their families.
    "There are actually quite a good few people at the end of their family planning, the 38-year-olds, and they are surprised when a crisis pregnancy occurs and they are heading over to the United Kingdom for an abortion.
    "If that is the case, you can prevent that altogether by making vasectomy more widely available and when people are decided their family is done they can go and get a vasectomy and that's the end of it," he told the 'Irish Medical Times'.

    Doctors association President Mattie O’Tool denounced a proposal by the Minister for Health Simon Harrisment to have the procedure carried out over 2 years to spread the money out for another 3 months. A half vasectomy is no vasectomy at all he said. "You were better complete the job in one operation than split it into 2 stages," he said.

    "If that is the case, you can prevent that altogether by making vasectomy more widely available and when people are decided their family is done they can go and get a vasectomy and that's the end of it," he told the 'Irish Medical Times'.
    Nurse Bridie Scalpel said an injection of cash is needed because with no funding available she expects to be laid off and has contacted her union the INO, seeking severance pay.

    I invite discussion, but I feel there should be a helpline for couples on the waiting list, but whose male partner was not yet done. I think the best thing is to abstain until next year and hope more money will become available.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,135
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Invest in a decent face cloth?
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    27,575
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    The real issue:

    Why is an elective procedure like a vasectomy state funded?
    History will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Valamhic, you are suffering from psychosis. You should seek psychiatric help immediately.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member benroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    The real issue:

    Why is an elective procedure like a vasectomy state funded?
    Its not.
    A man cannot give birth.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    Valamhic, you are suffering from psychosis. You should seek psychiatric help immediately.
    The Irish Independent saw fit to publish it and it provided quotes from 2 medical doctors. Readers can pick between them and you!
    Last edited by valamhic; 12th June 2018 at 01:08 PM.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    Its not.
    So is the article wrong? It said 35,000 euros was allocated. I saw the article in the actual printed edition of the newspaper yesterday.

    There is no doubt that it is state funded.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    The real issue:

    Why is an elective procedure like a vasectomy state funded?
    This is a very good question and I am not sure. i suspect its to keep the Irish Population numbers low so the population can be replaced by the children of migrants of other religions as part of the leftie agenda. The Doctors quoted believe it is necessary tp reduce abortion.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Continental Coven
    Posts
    28,499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    Its not.
    One presumes that money was for men with medical cards. It's a really simple operation so it can't cost much. It's only day surgery and you're fully awake. It has practically zero side affects and it means no chance of a crisis pregnancy.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Just when the world was biting its nails in the hope that President Trump and Supreme Leftist leader Kim Flung Dung would pull it off, Irish people are warned by a Doctor of an impending disaster. The annual money our wonderful government put aside to provide vasectomies ran out in March. Government views the procedure which is carried out on men as essential in the liberation of women who don’t have to bother about contraception.

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36996360.html

    A survey carried out in Britain found that of 1,000 married men who were vasectomized in 2013, only 34 (.34%) of their wives later conceived a baby. Waterford GP Dr Fergus McMarried said that "They are saying a lot of people who go for the abortions are not 22-year-olds at the start of planning their families.
    "There are actually quite a good few people at the end of their family planning, the 38-year-olds, and they are surprised when a crisis pregnancy occurs and they are heading over to the United Kingdom for an abortion.
    "If that is the case, you can prevent that altogether by making vasectomy more widely available and when people are decided their family is done they can go and get a vasectomy and that's the end of it," he told the 'Irish Medical Times'.

    Doctors association President Mattie O’Tool denounced a proposal by the Minister for Health Simon Harrisment to have the procedure carried out over 2 years to spread the money out for another 3 months. A half vasectomy is no vasectomy at all he said. "You were better complete the job in one operation than split it into 2 stages," he said.

    "If that is the case, you can prevent that altogether by making vasectomy more widely available and when people are decided their family is done they can go and get a vasectomy and that's the end of it," he told the 'Irish Medical Times'.
    Nurse Bridie Scalpel said an injection of cash is needed because with no funding available she expects to be laid off and has contacted her union the INO, seeking severance pay.

    I invite discussion, but I feel there should be a helpline for couples on the waiting list, but whose male partner was not yet done. I think the best thing is to abstain until next year and hope more money will become available.
    WTF? Why don't people pay for their own snips? FFS, this country.
    "They want to think about dicks going into places they dream about having one. petunia" - Eagle of the Ninth

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •