Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: What will be the result (your prediction, not intention) of the referendum on the 8th will be

Voters
203. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • The result will be 'yes'.

117 57.64%
  • The result will be 'no'.

86 42.36%
Page 1 of 153 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict The Referendum Result

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Predict The Referendum Result

This thread is a simple one, just predict how the referendum will go. You can add in information on how you expect certain constituencies to vote and turnout if you wish.

I predict it will be yes 53% and no 47% with a turnout between 58 and 63%.

The constituencies I expect to vote yes: all 11 Dublin constituencies,Kildare North,Wicklow,Louth,Cork south-central and Limerick City.

The constituencies I expect to vote no: Donegal,Sligo-Leitrim,Cavan-Monaghan,Longford-Westmeath,Mayo,Galway-East,Roscommon-Galway,Kerry,Clare,Limerick County,Tipperary,Laois,Offaly,Cork North-West and Cork South-West.

The constituencies that I am unsure of Wexford,Carlow-Kilkenny,Kildare South,Cork East,Cork north-central,Meath east,Meath west,Galway west and Waterford.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll go for the same as the Brexit result. 52% No and 48% Yes.
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

Politics.ie Member President Bartlet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll go 53% No 47% Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think a yes vote but the polls have been a bit unstable so I think it could be close. I think younger men will be a key swing vote. It won't be like the Marriage Referendum in the size of the lead. I expect all the Dublin constituencies to vote yes, along with the Cork city, Galway city and Limerick city constituencies. I think though that while the margins will be different, the ones where the marriage referendum were close are a good guide to where the result will be close or even "no". I think Waterford will be close and could go narrowly against. Donegal will be "no", as well Roscommon-South Leitrim. I think Wexford will be a yes thanks partly to growing numbers of Dubliners in the north of the county. Cavan–Monaghan, Mayo, Galway East and Longford-Westmeath will be No. Carlow-Kilkenny will be close, as will Clare, Cork NW, Cork SW, Laois Offaly, Kerry NW Limerick.

On balance then a "yes" vote in the 50-somethings.
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 9th May 2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: changed my mind on numbers
    Save the 27th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

55% Yes. 45% No. Turnout 63%
    'The rich always betray the poor’. - Henry Joy McCracken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not much point in predicting until after the televised debates.

And the most recent polls only go as far as end of April.
    Save the 8th - Support a woman's right to be born.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Godammit Arsenal. I was going to go 53-47. Uh. 54-46. Yes. Maybe tighter if No focuses on the 3 month thing rather than the principle itself.
    Last edited by Sync; 9th May 2018 at 07:28 PM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    This thread is a simple one, just predict how the referendum will go. You can add in information on how you expect certain constituencies to vote and turnout if you wish.

I predict it will be yes 53% and no 47% with a turnout between 58 and 63%.

The constituencies I expect to vote yes: all 11 Dublin constituencies,Kildare North,Wicklow,Louth,Cork south-central and Limerick City.

The constituencies I expect to vote no: Donegal,Sligo-Leitrim,Cavan-Monaghan,Longford-Westmeath,Mayo,Galway-East,Roscommon-Galway,Kerry,Clare,Limerick County,Tipperary,Laois,Offaly,Cork North-West and Cork South-West.

The constituencies that I am unsure of Wexford,Carlow-Kilkenny,Kildare South,Cork East,Cork north-central,Meath east,Meath west,Galway west and Waterford.
    I think that's a very reasonable analysis. I'd disagree slightly - I think the margin will be closer to 55% Repeal-45% Retain on a slightly higher turnout figure - maybe 60%-65%. My own guess is Kildare South and Meath East will Repeal.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes 55%, No 45%. Turnout under 60% as many will stay at home because, while they support Repeal, they do not agree with abortion on demand.
    End biased moderation

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

50.5-49.5, No side wins. Lesbian child haters immediately morph into demons and spew vaginal lava on the innocent.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Page 1 of 153 123451151101 ... LastLast