Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 201

Thread: Stephen Hawking, CH CBE FRS FRSA Sciences brightest star has died aged 76.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member benroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,204
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Stephen Hawking, CH CBE FRS FRSA, Science's brightest star has died aged 76.

    Stephen William Hawking has died aged 76, he deserves to be remembered for many reasons not least having out lived his life expectancy by 51 years. It is a testimony to his incredible brain that every conceivable technology was used that we may hear his words.
    Some say his achievements were in his ability to ask the right questions ,not his ability to answer them, some say his greatest achievement was bringing the complexity of time and space to the masses in his book "A brief History of time", whatever you may think of him its hard not to admire the man.

    RIP.

    Last edited by benroe; 14th March 2018 at 07:22 PM.
    A man cannot give birth.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Imperial Throne
    Posts
    44,257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Now mr Hawking knows how wrong he was about most things.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member statsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    53,718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Now mr hawking knows how wrong he was about most things.
    You've been at the old Finnegans Wake again, haven't you?
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Mitsui2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Between Time and Timbuktu
    Posts
    33,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    Stephen William Hawking has died aged 76, he deserves to be remembered for many reasons not least having out lived his life expectancy by 51 years. It is a testimony to his incredible brain that every conceivable technology was used that we may hear his words.
    Some say his achievements were in his ability to ask the right questions ,not his ability to answer them, some say his greatest achievement was bringing the complexity of time and space to the masses in his book "A brief History of time", whatever you may think of him its hard not to admire the man.

    RIP.

    Well done - an OP much worthier of its subject than the earlier one.

    Perhaps under the circumstances the mods might consider merging the old thread with this one, giving this one precedence?

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Now mr Hawking knows how wrong he was about most things.
    Professor Stephen Hawking. CH CBE FRS FRSA.Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology within the University of Cambridge. Wrong about most things.


    TFM. Buffoon with probable learning disability. Right.
    Nurse Noel saved my Babehhh

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    14,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Professor Stephen Hawking. CH CBE FRS FRSA.Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology within the University of Cambridge. Wrong about most things.
    Didn't realise he was also a make-up artist.... interesting.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This is a much better informed and detailed op than the previous one good job.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    30,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    His book is one I'm always meaning to read but I won't hold my breath
    Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin

  9. #9

    Default

    Will he be buried/cremated in his chair?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    14,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Will he be buried/cremated in his chair?
    If only that chair could talk.. imagine the tales....

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •