Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 239

Thread: Duppers As Gaeilge.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Duppers As Gaeilge.

    A DUP mayor is to give his 3rd address in Irish...

    Mr Hamill said: "As part of Irish Language Week I am hosting an evening of song, music and dance to which a range of people from across the Irish language community have been invited.

    "As mayor I feel it is right for me to say a few words in Irish at the beginning of the event to welcome everybody. I think it will be a great night and I am very much looking forward to it."

    Mr Hamill said he had addressed an audience in Irish on two previous occasions recently.


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36702835.html

    With the shin flakes northern and southern commanders running away from any usage of the Irish language...

    at the Sinn Fein Press conference at Stormont a reporter from TG4 - the Irish language channel - asked a question in Irish.

    "A look somewhere between bewilderment and terror fell over the faces of both Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill, neither of whom appeared able to reply to the question, which fell instead to be answered in Irish by Sinn Fein chairman Declan Kearney,"


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/o...-36616161.html

    It seem's yet again the PUL community will have to save the language from those to lazy to try...

    todhchaí oráiste geal...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    27,575
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Fair play to him.
    History will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Delighted to see it.

    It's only a language for God's sake, it's not like being offered a cup of tea from a dodgy Russian.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member statsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    53,718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Maith an fear.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member AhNowStop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    6,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    A DUP mayor is to give his 3rd address in Irish...

    Mr Hamill said: "As part of Irish Language Week I am hosting an evening of song, music and dance to which a range of people from across the Irish language community have been invited.

    "As mayor I feel it is right for me to say a few words in Irish at the beginning of the event to welcome everybody. I think it will be a great night and I am very much looking forward to it."

    Mr Hamill said he had addressed an audience in Irish on two previous occasions recently.


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36702835.html

    With the shin flakes northern and southern commanders running away from any usage of the Irish language...

    at the Sinn Fein Press conference at Stormont a reporter from TG4 - the Irish language channel - asked a question in Irish.

    "A look somewhere between bewilderment and terror fell over the faces of both Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill, neither of whom appeared able to reply to the question, which fell instead to be answered in Irish by Sinn Fein chairman Declan Kearney,"


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/o...-36616161.html

    It seem's yet again the PUL community will have to save the language from those to lazy to try...

    todhchaí oráiste geal...

    Another DUPLICATED thread from the Duplicator ... there are umpteen threads already going about the Irish Language ....

    bwigey, are you going to keep creating duplicate threads for all your pet bigoted little tantrums ?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhNowStop View Post
    Another DUPLICATED thread from the Duplicator ... there are umpteen threads already going about the Irish Language ....

    bwigey, are you going to keep creating duplicate threads for all your pet bigoted little tantrums ?
    Translation: Tá mé ina leanbh mór...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member tokkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    A DUP mayor is to give his 3rd address in Irish...

    Mr Hamill said: "As part of Irish Language Week I am hosting an evening of song, music and dance to which a range of people from across the Irish language community have been invited.

    "As mayor I feel it is right for me to say a few words in Irish at the beginning of the event to welcome everybody. I think it will be a great night and I am very much looking forward to it."

    Mr Hamill said he had addressed an audience in Irish on two previous occasions recently.


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36702835.html

    With the shin flakes northern and southern commanders running away from any usage of the Irish language...

    at the Sinn Fein Press conference at Stormont a reporter from TG4 - the Irish language channel - asked a question in Irish.

    "A look somewhere between bewilderment and terror fell over the faces of both Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill, neither of whom appeared able to reply to the question, which fell instead to be answered in Irish by Sinn Fein chairman Declan Kearney,"


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/o...-36616161.html

    It seem's yet again the PUL community will have to save the language from those to lazy to try...

    todhchaí oráiste geal...
    There's a strong likelihood his ancestors spoke Gaelic, but credit to him for making the effort.

    When one of the DUP plays hurling at senior level we'll know the end of the world is upon us.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokkie View Post
    There's a strong likelihood his ancestors spoke Gaelic, but credit to him for making the effort.

    When one of the DUP plays hurling at senior level we'll know the end of the world is upon us.
    DUP Mayor cheers on Loughgiel Shamrocks' hurlers - BBC News...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member CastleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    A DUP mayor is to give his 3rd address in Irish...

    Mr Hamill said: "As part of Irish Language Week I am hosting an evening of song, music and dance to which a range of people from across the Irish language community have been invited.

    "As mayor I feel it is right for me to say a few words in Irish at the beginning of the event to welcome everybody. I think it will be a great night and I am very much looking forward to it."

    Mr Hamill said he had addressed an audience in Irish on two previous occasions recently.


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36702835.html

    With the shin flakes northern and southern commanders running away from any usage of the Irish language...

    at the Sinn Fein Press conference at Stormont a reporter from TG4 - the Irish language channel - asked a question in Irish.

    "A look somewhere between bewilderment and terror fell over the faces of both Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill, neither of whom appeared able to reply to the question, which fell instead to be answered in Irish by Sinn Fein chairman Declan Kearney,"


    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/o...-36616161.html

    It seem's yet again the PUL community will have to save the language from those to lazy to try...

    todhchaí oráiste geal...
    But Gregory Campbell. Boo hoo.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member AhNowStop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    6,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Translation: Tá mé ina leanbh mór...
    lmfao, you're worse than a big baby ....

    Would you ffs grow up and stop creating new threads when all you have to do is "add" to an existing one ....


    Why did you previously lose your thread creating rights ?

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •