Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did Haughey's Treatment Of Lenihan Snr Say About Our Political Class?

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What Did Haughey's Treatment Of Lenihan Snr Say About Our Political Class?

I'm mainly referring to The Squire of Kinseally throwing Brian Lenihan, a man whom he described as closer than a brother, under the bus to save his government, while also backing him for the presidency at the same time.

Of course the robbing of Lenihan's Liver funds tells us a lot about Haughey personally!

On the ringing Dracula controversy, I also wonder what damage it did to future researchers when the tapes were publicly released?

Also if it never came to light, would we have been subjected to a President Lenihan, a man who in my opinion was a man of virtually no ability, whatsoever, indeed you could make the argument, he was ideally suited to The Aras on the basis of that alone!

And if Haughey had fully backed him, like Cosgrave had supported Donegan, what would have happened?

https://presspack.rte.ie/2012/09/24/...-recollection/
    The Swedish Anti Sex Worker Model Destroys Sex Workers And That's A Known Consequence By Its Supporters!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lenihan Snr would have been better in the Aras than Mary Robinson.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's well down the long list of the perfidies of Mr Haughey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devoutcapitalist View Post
    Lenihan Snr would have been better in the Aras than Mary Robinson.
    Robbo did a very good job and helped up our image as a modern nation to the world, President Leniham would have been vastly incapable of doing the latter!
    The Swedish Anti Sex Worker Model Destroys Sex Workers And That's A Known Consequence By Its Supporters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    It's well down the long list of the perfidies of Mr Haughey.
    But it is the question being asked!

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    But it is the question being asked!
    What I think I'm trying to say is that, with the possible exception of keeping Lenihan's treatment money, I'm not sure Haughey's treatment of him was all that bad, as compared, say, to Haughey and Lenihan's opportunistic opposition to the Anglo-Irish agreement, only to reverse their position when they got into power, partly on the strength of that opposition.

Lenihan deserved Haughey richly.
    Last edited by Toland; 12th March 2018 at 03:30 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Robbo did a very good job and helped up our image as a modern nation to the world, President Leniham would have been vastly incapable of doing the latter!
    Robbo was a mouthpiece for the politically correct liberal media who liked to espouse support for trendy causes just like the current incumbent in the Aras.
    Last edited by devoutcapitalist; 12th March 2018 at 03:35 PM.

Politics.ie Member diaspora-mick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He would have portrayed the true face of Ireland to the world and thus would have been our equivalent of DONALD J. TRUMP - long before DONAL J. TRUMP came to political prominence ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    What I think I'm trying to say is that, with the possible exception of keeping Lenihan's treatment money, I'm not sure how bad Haughey's treatment of him was all that bad, as compared, say, to Haughey and Lenihan's opportunistic opposition to the Anglo-Irish agreement, only to reverse their position when they got into power, partly on the strength of that opposition.

Lenihan deserved Haughey richly.
    Ironically I reckon Haughey was a man of ability, Fitzgerald said the best Taoiseach we never had, while Lenihan Snr was just a Fianna Fail Yahoo Redkneck AH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diaspora-mick View Post
    He would have portrayed the true face of Ireland to the world and thus would have been our equivalent of DONALD J. TRUMP - long before DONAL J. TRUMP came to political prominence ...
    Even Lenihan Snr would be @ Trumpy's Level!

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast