Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Germany tightens its grip on the levers of power in the EU

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Germany tightens its grip on the levers of power in the EU

The appointment of Martin Selmayr by Jean Claude Junker to the position of sec gen of the EU commission has raised even the heckles of the normally servile EU based journalists.

https://www.politico.eu/article/mart...-vs-the-press/

Apart from the very questionable process involved in his appointment ,or his complete lack of experience ,or even his less than flattering reputation , there is the small matter of the allegations of him winning commissioners support by promising them even bigger severance packages at the end of their terms (tax free of course)

Apart from all that , there is the small matter than a German is now in the sec gen of the Commission , the EU Parliament ...and the External Action service ...so policy , parliament and foreign affairs are all controlled by Germans .......

Now many of us are fully aware that since German reunification and the introduction of the Euro , the EU has become a vassal for Germany's (rightful in their view) Economic and Political domination of the continent ,but others prefer wilful ignorance or delusion

As the Irish media glossed over this I thought i would bring it to the attention of the latter
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Germany runs a tight ship. Perhaps it's not a bad idea.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    The appointment of Martin Selmayr by Jean Claude Junker to the position of sec gen of the EU commission has raised even the heckles of the normally servile EU based journalists.

Apart from the very questionable process involved in his appointment ,or his complete lack of experience ,or even his less than flattering reputation , there is the small matter of the allegations of him winning commissioners support by promising them even bigger severance packages at the end of their terms (tax free of course)

Apart from all that , there is the small matter than a German is now in the sec gen of the Commission , the EU Parliament ...and the External Action service ...so policy , parliament and foreign affairs are all controlled by Germans .......

Now many of us are fully aware that since German reunification and the introduction of the Euro , the EU has become a vassal for Germany's (rightful in their view) Economic and Political domination of the continent ,but others prefer wilful ignorance or delusion

As the Irish media glossed over this I thought i would bring it to the attention of the latter
    Many of us are aware that many people here wear tinfoil hats
    There is no Keyser Soze

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The German is either at your throat or at your feet
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Many of us are aware that many people here wear tinfoil hats
    Indeed ..they'd be the ones unable to factually counter whats put to them and resort to ad hominem comments my 7 year old would find lame

got a mirror handy ?petunia
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Advertising insults our intelligence. The intelligent thing to do is ignore advertising.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am waiting for some nEU imperial fan to claim that it is all completely democratic, and then to instruct everybody to shut up, and obey orders.
    Who are the chums of the Provisional Cult in the Middle East ? http://predicthistunpredictpast.blog...salute-on.html

Advertising insults our intelligence. The intelligent thing to do is ignore advertising.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post

The Irish media are bought & paid for.

However, to their credit they deliver excellent value for money for those that bought & paid for them.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 9th March 2018 at 11:50 PM.
    Who are the chums of the Provisional Cult in the Middle East ? http://predicthistunpredictpast.blog...salute-on.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    The German is either at your throat or at your feet
    Can't there be a compromise? I could use a German about waist height...
    Brexit? Never heard of it mate...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    Sounds like it's a Corkwegian you're looking for, bb.
    History will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    With a flat head no doubt ?
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast