Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration: Enough of this nonsense about an "invasion" please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Immigration: Enough of this nonsense about an "invasion" please.

I put the following graphs together because I am so tired of hearing nonsense about:

"...the numbers arriving...",
    or how people "... just want to remain majorities in their own lands...",
    or, "... You can't expect them to stand by and be replaced by invaders..."

Enough of this imbecility, please. Enough. (Right click and open image in new tab to see graph legend).

By the way, many countries, even countries such as Israel, have demonstrated that even with as high a proportion as 20% Muslim Arab in their population, they have little difficulty assimilating them in their society (and note these Israeli Muslims have developed sophisticated political parties and political representation and occupy positions of acclaim, including on its Supreme Court etc. And that's in the context of the Arab-Israeli conflict that of course impacts there).

Of course the above shouldn't even need saying, but listening to some people on this forum, it seems, maybe you have to.

So, what exactly is the issue? I might add that every single immigrant I ever, ever met here in Ireland had an intent to be a good Irish citizen and seemed to me to have developed a certain faithfulness, love even, for our land, and our way of life.

Sure there might be a couple of isolated incidents, such as the gangs out in Balbriggan or Blanchardstown - but anyone growing up in Dublin in the 1980's and 1990's knows that bored kids congregating in gangs and causing a bit of trouble, has nothing to do with one's country of origin, colour of skin, religion, traditions, and so on. I for one well remember what Balbriggan and Blanchardstown were like in the 1980's and early 90's as regards marauding gangs of kids.

Anyway, the main point is the illustration of the numbers I made. Can people comment on those numbers please with respect to how they equate to an "invasion"? Thanks.
    Last edited by roc_; 20th April 2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Fix link due to postimg server moving.
    It would not have been possible for us to take power or to use it in the ways we have without radio. - Joseph Goebbels

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

people are sick of fake asylum seeking scammers turning up here on planes at dublin airport to bleed the country dry like locusts .........fuk them we owe them NOTHING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troll account View Post
    people are sick of fake asylum seeking scammers turning up here on planes at dublin airport to bleed the country dry like locusts .........fuk them we owe them NOTHING
    Really?
    How big is this problem? Any facts or figures?
    There is no Keyser Soze

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A reasoned , intelligent response to kick off proceedings

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My main issues with immigration is that it is used to reduce wages and impacts massively on social provisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I ask is your presence on p.ie some kind of therapy?

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ireland has the second-lowest rate of granting asylum (13 per cent) across the EU and compared poorly to the EU average of 44 per cent over this period. The Department of Justice refused to provide 2017 data under Freedom of Information legislation citing that data would be available on Eurostat later this year.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...2008-1.3388429
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    My main issues with immigration is that it is used to reduce wages and impacts massively on social provisions.
    The glory years of the working man being richly rewarded for his labour are at an end? I refuse to believe it. If this is true then there can be only one group responsible........immigrants.

It's the only logical conclusion. The the Irish working man and woman were always kings and queens upon pedestals and if nothing other than the arrival of immigrants takes place and the irish working man and woman are no longer the kings they once were then it must follow that immigrants are to blame.

The argument is irrefutable. The logic without flaw.

Game. Set. Match.

Realistic by name, realistic by nature.

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

once their case is refused out the gate not leave to appeal back to deepest darkest they should go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

once their case is refused out the gate not leave to appeal back to deepest darkest they should go
    You should try believing in karma.
    It would not have been possible for us to take power or to use it in the ways we have without radio. - Joseph Goebbels

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast