Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Cassidy, RIP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default David Cassidy, RIP

David Cassidy, singer and actor of sorts, has died aged 67. He was probably best known for his part in the 1970s TV series The Partridge Family.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...y-dies-aged-67

Whatever his talents, he was a major teen idol of his day and enough of a cultural touchstone to have featured in a memorable scene from Four Weddings and a Funeral, alongside WH Auden.

Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

With thanks to redhead for reminding me of the Four Weddings clip.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was a major heart throb in his day I think. Featured prominently on teenager's walls in the '70s. Was also in 'The Hardy Boys' I think.
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, creepily, the song "I think I love you" appears in the movie Copycat where a serial killer is replicating famous murders.

The song was playing on the tape deck of a car at the crime scene of one of the murders to replicate the original. Not sure if this was true or simply an addition to the movie to progress the plot, but it was memorable. (Can't find a YouTube clip).

Anyhow, 67 is pretty young these days. RIP.

Politics.ie Member Nordie Northsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Manufactured pop music of that era seems like classical music compared to some of the boak that's being churned out now.
    Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Apparently, his fan club was the biggest in pop history, bigger than Elvis and The Beatles. Mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    He was a major heart throb in his day I think. Featured prominently on teenager's walls in the '70s. Was also in 'The Hardy Boys' I think.
    That was Shaun Cassidy - half brother
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    That was Shaun Cassidy - half brother
    An unfortunate piece of knowledge to possess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    An unfortunate piece of knowledge to possess.

Young fella discovered the books in the library last week. We looked up you tube for the tv show. I'd forgotten about it.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

He was a huge star back in the 70's along with Donny Osmond.

He was actually a very good singer but this got overlooked because of the type of material he recorded.

RIP.
    The housing shortage is the rock on which Fine Gael will truly perish.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast