Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 274

Thread: Truly large scale investment coming for Dublin.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Truly large scale investment coming for Dublin.

    Word is from my friends in the industry that Google and LinkedIn are going even larger scale in Dublin. Google buying at least one more new or refurb block , LinkedIn leasing one. I said some days ago when the T was in California that he hadn't gone there for nothing. Several announcements followed including one I forecast re Facebook. Fascinating times we live in.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The parish pump
    Posts
    48,066
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes and hardly any unemployed Irish will get these jobs I suspect if Googles building in Ringsend is anything to go by., I hope I am wrong. We need local recruitment requirements so that these investments benefit the local community and lift them out of poverty.
    Jobs not Mobs.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Yes and hardly any unemployed Irish will get these jobs I suspect if Googles building in Ringsend is anything to go by., I hope I am wrong. We need local recruitment requirements so that these investments benefit the local community and lift them out of poverty.
    What are you Donald Trump?

    Impose a local content restriction on companies. Hell no. You don't get to tell business what to do Bannon bot


  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Fritzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    2,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Yes and hardly any unemployed Irish will get these jobs I suspect if Googles building in Ringsend is anything to go by., I hope I am wrong. We need local recruitment requirements so that these investments benefit the local community and lift them out of poverty.
    Any investments in Dublin will always benefit the local community, surely? Trickle-down effect and all that...
    “I'd rather be fried alive and eaten by Mexicans.”

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The parish pump
    Posts
    48,066
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzbox View Post
    Any investments in Dublin will always benefit the local community, surely? Trickle-down effect and all that...
    Trickle down is voodoo economics.
    Jobs not Mobs.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member borntorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Trickle down is voodoo economics.
    Tell that to your beloved Trump
    <Insert slogan here>

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,359
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idaworldbeaters View Post
    Word is from my friends in the industry that Google and LinkedIn are going even larger scale in Dublin. Google buying at least one more new or refurb block , LinkedIn leasing one. I said some days ago when the T was in California that he hadn't gone there for nothing. Several announcements followed including one I forecast re Facebook. Fascinating times we live in.
    I suppose something has to be salvaged from the Apple/Athenry debacle.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Yes and hardly any unemployed Irish will get these jobs I suspect if Googles building in Ringsend is anything to go by., I hope I am wrong. We need local recruitment requirements so that these investments benefit the local community and lift them out of poverty.
    Dear Google

    You may only offer ar$eholes your jobs.

    Ireland

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Mac View Post
    What are you Donald Trump?

    Impose a local content restriction on companies. Hell no. You don't get to tell business what to do Bannon bot

    DE can always apply. Anyone who spends as long on the net as he does is clearly a shoe-in!
    “'retail deposit flight, I don't see that as a great danger. Ireland is an island” - Brian Lenihan - to hundreds of international investors

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    DE can always apply. Anyone who spends as long on the net as he does is clearly a shoe-in!
    You really thought it was serious.

    That's where we are folk's Even a parody response which shows how misguided it is to just bow down to big business and give them anything they want gets taken as serious.

    What did DE write that was problematic? Bar problematic for neo liberals.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •