Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 365 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 3643

Thread: Disgusting Ronan Mullen

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member bactrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Disgusting Ronan Mullen

    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...vita-1.3262015


    " Ronan Mullen strongly criticised for comments on Savita


    With ‘abortion on demand she wouldn’t have been in hospital because she wouldn’t have been pregnant’



    I'm a "Pro-Lifer". Yes, I do believe that the unborn is a person and in need of our protection.

    I hope that I argue my position rationally and reasonably politely.

    I am disgusted by Ronan Mullen. Unfortunately I cannot claim that I am surprised by the above comment from him. There is no vileness beyond him.

    I dis-associate myself from him and I suspect most right thinking "Pro-Lifers" feel the same way.
    Just because you did something stupid yesterday does not mean you cannot do something smart today!

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,281
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bactrian View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...vita-1.3262015


    " Ronan Mullen strongly criticised for comments on Savita


    With ‘abortion on demand she wouldn’t have been in hospital because she wouldn’t have been pregnant’



    I'm a "Pro-Lifer". Yes, I do believe that the unborn is a person and in need of our protection.

    I hope that I argue my position rationally and reasonably politely.

    I am disgusted by Ronan Mullen. Unfortunately I cannot claim that I am surprised by the above comment from him. There is no vileness beyond him.

    I dis-associate myself from him and I suspect most right thinking "Pro-Lifers" feel the same way.
    If true that is a dreadful statement - they wanted the baby.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Never met him in person but his media persona is deeply unpleasant.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    If true that is a dreadful statement - they wanted the baby.
    I had heard this rumour from a pro life holy Joe a few years ago 'from the horses mouth' (some nurse friend of hers). We were all unaware of the 'real reason' why savita was in hospital suffering a miscarriage. Strangely enough despite this stunning truth, nobody came out and shared it with the media, though I guess they realised that even their vile made up gossip in this case was not one to be examined too closely.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Degeneration X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bactrian View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...vita-1.3262015


    " Ronan Mullen strongly criticised for comments on Savita


    With ‘abortion on demand she wouldn’t have been in hospital because she wouldn’t have been pregnant’



    I'm a "Pro-Lifer". Yes, I do believe that the unborn is a person and in need of our protection.

    I hope that I argue my position rationally and reasonably politely.

    I am disgusted by Ronan Mullen. Unfortunately I cannot claim that I am surprised by the above comment from him. There is no vileness beyond him.

    I dis-associate myself from him and I suspect most right thinking "Pro-Lifers" feel the same way.
    Aren't you glad we didn't vote to abolish the Seanad now?

    Glad to give Mullen a well paid and provisioned platform to spout his nonsense.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Give a man enough rope …..
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Under the big log outside Tullybarna
    Posts
    23,342
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Becomes a lot easier to understand when you realise you aren't hearing from Ronan Mullen at all on this issue but from the hierarchy whose dog in the Senate he happens to be.

    I think he's done a Kevin Doran this time though.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Eire1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    A proper Winestein

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member bokuden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,570
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Becomes a lot easier to understand when you realise you aren't hearing from Ronan Mullen at all on this issue but from the hierarchy whose dog in the Senate he happens to be.

    I think he's done a Kevin Doran this time though.
    Indeed. He spoke to nakedly. The mask slipped.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    When people use spin terms like 'Abortion on demand' they've already lost any 'moral' high ground.
    “You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.” - Hilary Quinlan, Fine Gael

Page 1 of 365 123451151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •