Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Searcaigh statement

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default O'Searcaigh statement

this guy just doesn't know when to stop. it's his sexual exploitation of the poor, not his "gay lifestyle", that has offended everyone - everyone except his fellow Aosdana members of course...

'If my gay lifestyle and relationships in Nepal has offended anyone, I am sorry'

Statement by Cathal Ó Searcaigh: It is with a heavy heart that I have read and listened to the media comment about the documentary Fairytale of Katmandu.

I opened my life and work in Nepal to someone I considered a friend. Someone who had made a film of me and my adopted son and family in Nepal less than a year earlier and who never raised any concerns to me at that time.

I believe the filmmakers never had any intentions of showing the work I have being doing in Nepal for some 13 years now. I have undertaken projects to provide water, housing, education and business opportunities for the people of Nepal.

I have made many friends, both male and female and I have taken great pleasure in seeing my small efforts change their lives for the better. The well being of the Nepalese people is of primary concern to me.

If my gay lifestyle and relationships in Nepal has offended anyone, I am sorry. But to suggest that I in any way coerced or preyed upon these young men is untrue and distasteful. My relationships in Nepal have always been open and loving and above board.

I have considered deeply the opinions put forward by my critics and I can see how my actions could have been misinterpreted. It hurts me to think that I would be seen in this light.

However, as my efforts to support and nurture the people of Nepal are more important to me than the privacy of my relationships, I have decided to establish a trust to administer whatever funds I am capable of providing in the future.

The trust will consist of Prem, my adopted son, Sunita his wife and my daughter-in-law, a Nepalese solicitor and accountant. I will distance myself completely from the distribution of funding for chosen projects. This will allow the work I have started in Nepal to continue and afford me the privilege of regaining some semblance of a private life.

I would finally like to say that the vast bulk of the money I used to help my friends in Nepal was my own income. Although I lived there for three months of the year, I support the educational and other projects all year round.

Is teann an taca an trócaire.

© 2008 The Irish Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cathal,

its not your gay lifestyle and relationships in Nepal that offends me.

Its you admiting that you st*ck your ***** in 16yr old impoverished Nepalese boys that offends me.
    It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."

George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

It seems he cannot see (or will not admit) how his actions can be percieved as abuses of wealth. Even if it was not intentional, it was an abuse of his position.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Questions are also being asked about what exactly the 50k 'charity' money he raised for Nepal was actually spent on. Each member of Aosdana provided a piece of work/art for an auction.

and the film marker did make a praising film about him, and then went back and couldn't ignore his actions any more...

i don't get why he keeps stating he has sex with the door open?
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrynorth
    Questions are also being asked about what exactly the 50k 'charity' money he raised for Nepal was actually spent on. Each member of Aosdana provided a piece of work/art for an auction.
    That's all Aosdana members are concerned with - where their money went. In fact OUR money I should say! The fact that my taxes keep that shower of wasters off the dole really sticks in my craw

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who elects them

a fellow starts messing with a few paints he gets for christmas
    a few years after he researches the irish version of his name and starts using it
    next thing he in Aosdanna

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation
    and the film marker did make a praising film about him, and then went back and couldn't ignore his actions any more...

i don't get why he keeps stating he has sex with the door open?
    I was wondering that too. What does he mean by that? That it's alright to have sex with 16 year olds if the door is open?
    "Sorry, I must be getting mixed up with the voices in my ear"-Willie O'Dea 21/08/08

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mpresume he is tryinmg to show that they didn't protest or put up a struggle and that they could have left the room if they wanted to
    "Sometimes the best thing a government can do is simply get out of the way"-Vince Cable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'If my gay lifestyle and relationships in Nepal has offended anyone, I am sorry'

Its not his gayness people have problem with, its his preferance for young boys which apparently benevolent funds were used to give him access too. There is no escaping the conclusion that those who recieved money or an education was influenced by which pupil polished the poets pecker (sorry for the poetic pun).

Good effort of his behalf though, trying to make this an issue of gay persecution. But the issue remains one of all round abuse of trust and buying access to young boys.
    g4 ... e5
    f3 ... Qh4#

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast