Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1358

Thread: 535,475 non Irish nationals from 200 different nations living in Ireland in April 2016 acc to CSO!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You edited the more special aspects of your post.

At least you have moved on from hilarious racism to plain auld culchie whinging.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buchaill Dana View Post
    There is no 'race issue' there now. Go and visit, its a great spot, on the up.
    Dublin is an overpricedl hole house prices are the the only thing on the up.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have the Minister for Justice taking in 36 unaccompanied minors from Greece under the Irish Refugee Protection Programme.
    Government agrees to accept 36 unaccompanied minors from Greece | Irish Examiner

The Irish Refugee Protection Programme says it has "completed its commitment to relocate people from Greece. The second phase of the programme has now begun with increased commitments on resettlement and the commencement of the new Humanitarian Admission Programme."

It operates under discretionary Ministerial powers, meaning that we are under no obligation to take anyone, but are volunteering to do so. It must be all that over-capacity in child services we hear so much about that prompted the minister to do this.

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” Aldous Huxley

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __e621 View Post
    We have the Minister for Justice taking in 36 unaccompanied minors from Greece under the Irish Refugee Protection Programme.
    Government agrees to accept 36 unaccompanied minors from Greece | Irish Examiner

The Irish Refugee Protection Programme says it has "completed its commitment to relocate people from Greece. The second phase of the programme has now begun with increased commitments on resettlement and the commencement of the new Humanitarian Admission Programme."

It operates under discretionary Ministerial powers, meaning that we are under no obligation to take anyone, but are volunteering to do so. It must be all that over-capacity in child services we hear so much about that prompted the minister to do this.
    They sure like spending our money .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yosef shompeter View Post
    Very sad to hear about this. I've long suspected that things would pan out this way. Effectively it means another nail in the coffin of rural ireland and the country that we were proud of when we were growing up.
    Expect the goverments of the next few decades to introduce "black consciousness-raising" courses, "muslim equality programs" and all the attention-time, money and resources that these things require.

Goodby to old Gaelic Ireland.
    Which country was that then?
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE lunchtime news has just interviewed the delighted recipient of a local authority home. Yep. You have guessed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __e621 View Post
    Perhaps popular1 is thinking of some of these statistics, which show the successful asylum application rate to be less than 10% in Ireland:
    Ireland rejects more asylum seekers than most EU countries (8.6% success rate)
    Asylum and refugees: How Ireland compares to the rest of the world
    Ireland refuses asylum to 90pc of applicants - Independent.ie

Two-thirds of failed asylum seekers had used false identities - Independent.ie
    That last link shows that quite a lot of these people have already claimed asylum in another country, often using another identity. (This can be checked using the EU-wide ORAC fingerprinting and identification system.)
    "The official added that more than 80 people who had claimed asylum here as Somalis had previously been granted a UK visa using a Tanzanian identity."
    Correct.
    Those are the figures.
    I also know many immigrants very well
    From the middle east.
    2 have personally told me they claimed asylum simply to stay in the country to them it's just like cheating the dole ir something akin to that. They don't worry in the least about this country it is simply a place to get what you can from. End off

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    RTE lunchtime news has just interviewed the delighted recipient of a local authority home. Yep. You have guessed it.
    And some people will tell you that Mass Immigration has no affect on housing . Thats ‘ No ‘ affect .

How do they stand up and say such stuff ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popular1 View Post
    Correct.
    Those are the figures.
    I also know many immigrants very well
    From the middle east.
    2 have personally told me they claimed asylum simply to stay in the country to them it's just like cheating the dole ir something akin to that. They don't worry in the least about this country it is simply a place to get what you can from. End off
    I don’t blame the immigrants for chancing their arm . I blame the governments systems for encouraging them to chance their arms .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    I don’t blame the immigrants for chancing their arm . I blame the governments systems for encouraging them to chance their arms .
    Exactly. If I were from a poor but absolutely safe African country, it would be a perfectly rational choice to come here, knowing full well that my chances of staying here for many years are actually quite high. My chances increase dramatically if I have a child here while my claim is repeatedly appealed, and once the child is in school all manner of well-intentioned people will line up to help prevent my deportation.

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” Aldous Huxley