Starts 11:00 on Saturday, 9 September, at the Curzon Gate near the Hilton on Park Lane, Hyde Park Corner, London
Here are the details from https://peoplesmarch4eu.org/the-event/
- 11 am: Gather Curzon gate near the Hilton on Park Lane. Hyde Park Corner Underground station is the nearest. This is a chance to meet others taking part in the march and make new friends.
- 12 noon: Depart from Curzon Gate.
- 12:45 pm: For those who don’t want to walk the full distance, there will be a meeting palace in Trafalgar Square. Disabled supporters join the march from Trafalgar Square. (The left hand side of Whitehall will be for our disabled attendees, please be polite and make sure they can make it down Whitehall at their own pace.)
- 1:30 pm: Guest Speakers, led by Graham Hughes. (Speaker list and times will be confirmed closer to the march). We will have staging and a PA system in Parliament Square ready for when you arrive. Please be aware, if you arrive early you will have to wait until the square fills up before the rally commences.
- 4:30 pm: Wrap up and tidy up. If everything goes to plan we will have all had a great day and our collective voices will be heard. Please take any litter with you and leave everything the way you found it.
Although the list is not finalised, speakers may include:
- Graham Hughes (emcee)
- Katharine Hamnett (Fashion Designer/Activist)
- Sir Ed Davey MP (MP for Kingston & Surbiton) LibDem Shadow Home Secretary
- Tom Brake MP (LibDem)
- Mary Honeyball MEP (Labour)
- Raluca Enescu (New Europeans)
- Prof. Tanja Bueltmann (Professor in History at Northumbria University, Newcastle)
- Stuard Clark (Stand Up for Europe)
- Wiktor Moszczynski (Columnist, former City trader, now employed by London Chamber of Commerce)
- Seb Dance MEP (Labour)
- Dr Claire Fielden (Audiologist, NHS)
- Elena Remigi (Italian living in UK)
- Dr Véronique Martin (French author living in UK)
- Jean Lambert MEP (Green Party MEP for London)
- Jolyon Maugham QC (lawyer and writer for the Financial Times, The Guardian, the Times etc)
- Prof. Emmy van Deurzen (professor of psychology and psychotherapy, born in Holland but has lived in the UK for 40 years)
If you are an Irish citizen and live in the UK and do not want it to leave the EU, please join the march!
(though anyone can join if they wish)
info-pack available here: Info-Pack v1.1.pdf