Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1275

Thread: The HPV vaccine and the need for zero tolerance for stupidity

It's not just penises which transmit hpv.. should we wear gloves as well, or just get a safe protective vaccination?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Another anti vaxxer lunatic. Those are discredited and resulted in the HSE suspending the vaccine while dealing with crazy claims that had no basis in fact.
    When my kids were small, my doctor advised me not to vaccinate them; a properly-trained doctor with an open mind.

He specifically mentioned that most killer diseases were in places where poverty was rife with poor hygiene and uncertain nutrition.

There is quite an amount of information available on the internet to lead one to question, if not doubt, the advisability of vaccinating in the way we now do.

Keep an open mind, and question what the powers that be tell you. Look for alternative sources of information, and then make your own mind up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barroso View Post
    When my kids were small, my doctor advised me not to vaccinate them; a properly-trained doctor with an open mind.

He specifically mentioned that most killer diseases were in places where poverty was rife with poor hygiene and uncertain nutrition.

There is quite an amount of information available on the internet to lead one to question, if not doubt, the advisability of vaccinating in the way we now do.

Keep an open mind, and question what the powers that be tell you. Look for alternative sources of information, and then make your own mind up.
    How dare you come out with words of wisdom!

Don't you know that you're supposed to comply with the wishes of doctors and nurses (the unthinking ones) and assent unquestioningly to every vaccination that Big Pharma persuades the Government to fund? Don't you know that people like you are a danger to public health, are committing a kind of child abuse against their own kids, and are endangering the lives of all kids on the planet? You heretic! Don't you know that the jabbering jabbers will be after you now?
    15 Jan 2001 -- Fine Gael pledged to end fluoridation because of "serious health concerns".

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Are you a parent?
    I think the better question would be are you a patient?
    And are you allowed leave your 'err' hospital?

The bullsh1t asymmetry (or Brandolini's principle);

The amount of energy needed to refute bullsh1t is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.
    Last edited by Noble Guardian; 18th April 2018 at 05:19 PM.

The anti-Gardasil vaccine group Regret refuse to deal with journalists who won't agree to 'support' them, but I interviewed Steve Hinks of their UK counterparts, the UK Association of HPV Vaccine Injured Daughters, and put their claims to the scientific test. Click to listen to the podcast interview.

Here's How, Ireland's political, social and current affairs podcast; Call the show on 076 603 5060 to record your contribution for the next show.

Quote Originally Posted by soubresauts View Post
    "The substance of which"?? Au contraire, the substance of the complaint has not been shown to be erroneous. The errors are not denied. It is the substance of the complaint we need to be worried about.

That substance includes the shortcomings of the safety trials for Gardasil. You seem to accept such shortcomings but pin your faith on the authorities -- the WHO, EMA, CDC, and national agencies. "Sure they wouldn't be giving it to us if it wasn't safe."
    Just to close the loop on this;

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...view-1.3259751

https://www.ombudsman.europa.eu/case.../html.bookmark

Following her inquiry into the procedural aspects complained about, the Ombudsman concludes that her inquiry did not identify any procedural issues that could have negatively affected the work and conclusions of PRAC in the referral procedure. The examination of the scientific evidence was complete and it was independent.
    Last edited by Noble Guardian; 20th July 2018 at 11:08 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...ases-1.3602195

Measles outbreak in Ireland reaches 76 as Europe sees surge in cases

The measles mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine has been shown to be highly effective in preventing the spread of measles. However, now discredited research published 20 years ago which falsely linked it to autism has led to a loss of confidence in the vaccine among some people.

Take a big clap on the back you conspiracy addled morons.

It's good to see science-backed health policy being rolled out

HPV vaccine to be offered to boys from start of school year in 2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...ases-1.3602195

Measles outbreak in Ireland reaches 76 as Europe sees surge in cases

The measles mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine has been shown to be highly effective in preventing the spread of measles. However, now discredited research published 20 years ago which falsely linked it to autism has led to a loss of confidence in the vaccine among some people.

Take a big clap on the back you conspiracy addled morons.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09