Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 470 of 475 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4743

Thread: Varadkar watch - track his successes and failures as Taoiseach for easy reference

  1. #4691
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    No he didn't. That scandal happened long before he was minister.
    It started before he was a Minister. It continues throughout his ministership.
    Slán to Care. The Fine Gael way.

  2. #4692
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy{ie View Post
    Not to mention Varadkar making sure to finish his US holiday when the bed and ED crisis hit crisis point when HE was Health Minister. Couldn’t be arsed with the plebs.
    Did he get some nice Photos ?

  3. #4693
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    15,583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Ted Crilly View Post
    One of the biggest health scandals in recent history was breaking and you think it's nothing to do with the health minister of the day?
    No wonder the green party are f**ked!
    Except that's not what I said.

    What would a Sinn Féin Minister have done in that situation?
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

  4. #4694
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    15,583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy{ie View Post
    It started before he was a Minister. It continues throughout his ministership.
    What is continuing?
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

  5. #4695
    Politics.ie Member PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill 16, Croke Park.
    Posts
    12,162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

  6. #4696
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post
    Think of his lovely Socks though . Thats the important stuff with the Poser .

  7. #4697
    Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    15,276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Think of his lovely Socks though . Thats the important stuff with the Poser .
    What's depressing, though, is that 30% of the population - enough in a fragmented chaotic electorate to leave them in power - has no problem with this.

    Our society has been hollowed out to an extent that 30% are happy to let FG maintain the kleptocracy as long as their lives aren't impacted....the public and civil servants, the solicitors and landlords, the estate agents, bankers, publicans, hoteliers, accountants and car dealers - so what if another 30% is living in poverty while 1% are literally robbing us blind tax free, that less fortunate 30% have no one party to vote for, nor do the remaining 39% who are working 50 hour weeks to get by without handouts - there's no real political party in Ireland just looking to represent the "average citizen".
    The more things change....

  8. #4698
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    What's depressing, though, is that 30% of the population - enough in a fragmented chaotic electorate to leave them in power - has no problem with this.

    Our society has been hollowed out to an extent that 30% are happy to let FG maintain the kleptocracy as long as their lives aren't impacted....the public and civil servants, the solicitors and landlords, the estate agents, bankers, publicans, hoteliers, accountants and car dealers - so what if another 30% is living in poverty while 1% are literally robbing us blind tax free, that less fortunate 30% have no one party to vote for, nor do the remaining 39% who are working 50 hour weeks to get by without handouts - there's no real political party in Ireland just looking to represent the "average citizen".
    I suppose Fine Gael are what they are . Its the Irish Labour Party and Fianna Fail because of what they have been involved in themselves are in no place to credibly criticise . Sinn Fein are just trying to become just like the fore mentioned .

    Anyway its us the electorate who are at fault ! Who do we keep voting for the same old thrash . I suppose our Media are so tame and supine that there is absolutely no way they will rock the boat .

  9. #4699
    Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    15,276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    I suppose Fine Gael are what they are . Its the Irish Labour Party and Fianna Fail because of what they have been involved in themselves are in no place to credibly criticise . Sinn Fein are just trying to become just like the fore mentioned .

    Anyway its us the electorate who are at fault ! Who do we keep voting for the same old thrash . I suppose our Media are so tame and supine that there is absolutely no way they will rock the boat .
    Ireland NEEDS a real Labour Party - not one that's just an ego trip for a deluded dwarf who wants to follow in Michael D's footsteps as the next diminutive champagne socialist President.

    Leadership should be about making the hard choices to lead your people, even if that means recognizing you're the problem and stepping away. Howlin, Kelly and Burton are toxic reminders of what Labour was and a huge obstacle to Labour being what it should be - a voice for the people who pay for the state's services, debts, healthcare, etc.
    The more things change....

  10. #4700
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Think of his lovely Socks though . Thats the important stuff with the Poser .
    And his fanboys...
    FG are responsible for nothing don't ya know?
    It's always someone else's fault.
    Almost 8 years in government now and nothing they've done has caused any problems.......anywhere.
    FFG. Keeping the Axis of Corruption intact!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •