Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Hayes earns praise for Dail speech

Default Brian Hayes earns praise for Dail speech

Brian Hayes is a controversial politician. Some people love him. Others hate him. But all sides agree that his performance in the Dail debate on ABA services was exceptional, with his unscripted speech at the end of the debate regarded across the Dail as a tour de force. With his party's TDs all on the Fine Gael benches (Fine Gael's turnout was in dramatic contrast to the government's empty benches) he delivered a rousing speech that drew cheers from the public gallery and also was listened to intently by those Fianna Fail TDs there.

Hayes's performance was widely spoken of the moment he went from being a controversial middle-ranking performer to being a first ranker, delivering a speech that produced a reaction of "wow. That was extraordinary" among politicians from all parties in the Dail bar afterwards.

Was last night the day Hayes turned into a very credible politician?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a link to it at all?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's long been touted as a top performer but (to be honest) I have yet to see what all the fuss was about. Perhaps this latest speech will sway me - it'll have to be extraordinary !

He was always a very credible politician. Can you watch it on the Oireachtas website or Oireachtas Report?
    LICENTIA LOQUENDI

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He'll have to get over his deeply-entrenched Partitionist (on occasion veering into outright anti-Nordie raving) instincts before I'll take Hayes seriously.

Sorry, but I just don't care if he made a good speech or has good policies on education or health or the economy. As long as he regards me as not Irish because I was born in the North I don't want him in power.
    Je suis un loo-lah

Politics.ie Newbie UnitedIreland's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that man is a legend. speaks his own mind no matter what people think. and an extremely nice man. always willin to sit down and have a pint or whatever
    Not Without A Purpose, Not Without A Fight
    http://www.darrenmurphy.ie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Brian Hayes earns praise for Dail speech

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunaljunkie
    Brian Hayes is a controversial politician. Some people love him. Others hate him. But all sides agree that his performance in the Dail debate on ABA services was exceptional, with his unscripted speech at the end of the debate regarded across the Dail as a tour de force. With his party's TDs all on the Fine Gael benches (Fine Gael's turnout was in dramatic contrast to the government's empty benches) he delivered a rousing speech that drew cheers from the public gallery and also was listened to intently by those Fianna Fail TDs there.

Hayes's performance was widely spoken of the moment he went from being a controversial middle-ranking performer to being a first ranker, delivering a speech that produced a reaction of "wow. That was extraordinary" among politicians from all parties in the Dail bar afterwards.

Was last night the day Hayes turned into a very credible politician?
    God you need one.

Politics.ie Newbie UnitedIreland's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    He'll have to get over his deeply-entrenched Partitionist (on occasion veering into outright anti-Nordie raving) instincts before I'll take Hayes seriously.

Sorry, but I just don't care if he made a good speech or has good policies on education or health or the economy. As long as he regards me as not Irish because I was born in the North I don't want him in power.
    he does not regard u as not irish. he just doesnt see the point in fine gael running up north. he believes we need to work in conjunction with the parties already there in cementing the peace process before we even think about trying to unify ireland. the economics and politics have to be right for everybody. bcoz quite simply, as the SDLP put it, unionists are part of Ireland too.
    Not Without A Purpose, Not Without A Fight
    http://www.darrenmurphy.ie

Brian Hayes is an amazing politician. Any links to the speach?

Also when is Apparatchik going to be banned?
    "Are you telling me that a computer, a robot and my wife would create a "natuarlly balanced" society? The consequences are too monstrous to contemplate.."
    -farnaby.

For God's sake man will you give us a link or at least more information to find a link!
    LICENTIA LOQUENDI

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast