Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: Should full public tribunal be set up to investigate the smear campaign against Sgt. Maurice McCabe?

Voters
244. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes

194 79.51%
  • No

27 11.07%
  • Undecided/Other

23 9.43%
Page 1 of 1248 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: "O'Sullivan Personally Smeared McCabe" - Howlin

Default "O'Sullivan Personally Smeared McCabe" - Howlin

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/829307908995297281#Dáil LQs:Howlin says in the calls "the Commissioner made very serious allegations of sexual crimes having been committed by Maurice McCabe"

Can this get more serious?

Edit:

It's worth reading this article on what was really going on with Callinan and McGuinness:

Here's How – Callinan was not Smearing McCabe in that Car Park; He was Threatening McGuinness

Last edited by GJG; 14th February 2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Here's How, Ireland's political, social and current affairs podcast; Call the show on 076 603 5060 to record your contribution for the next show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GJG View Post
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/829307908995297281

#Dáil LQs:Howlin says in the calls "the Commissioner made very serious allegations of sexual crimes having been committed by Maurice McCabe"

Can this get more serious?

Will the bearded pixie repeat the claim outside the Dail? If so, then things are indeed serious But if not, then Howling's claims have about as much credibility as a Mick Wallace VAT return.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If true, her days are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Will the bearded pixie repeat the claim outside the Dail? If so, then things are indeed serious But if not, then Howling's claims have about as much credibility as a Mick Wallace VAT return.
    I'll note your rock-solid faith in the integrity of O'Sullivan personally and the gardaí in general. Perhaps we'll return to it later.
    Here's How, Ireland's political, social and current affairs podcast; Call the show on 076 603 5060 to record your contribution for the next show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GJG View Post
    I'll note your rock-solid faith in the integrity of O'Sullivan personally and the gardaí in general. Perhaps we'll return to it later.
    My comments were about yet another gob************************e TD shooting off in the Dail. I passed no opinion whatsoever about the credibility of the token woman in charge of An GS.

EDIT - just to be clear, the censored word was gobsh1te.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OH WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT! NO, WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT! OH WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    My comments were about yet another gob************************e TD shooting off in the Dail. I passed no opinion whatsoever about the credibility of the token woman in charge of An GS.

EDIT - just to be clear, the censored word was gobsh1te.
    Isnt that exactly why we have Dail privlege?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what were the nature of the sexual crimes allegedly committed by McCabe did he say?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    what were the nature of the sexual crimes allegedly committed by McCabe did he say?
    There was a story a while back that Mick Clifford(I think) in the Examiner totally debunked as false where it was alleged by other Gardaí that McGabe was involved in the disappearance of a laptop from Garda custody in the case of a suspected paedophile , the insinuation was that he was helping the accused. But it was completely false as McGabe had nothing to do with the case and never had any access to the missing evidence. It was part of the Gardaí smear campaign at the time against him when he was first voicing his concerns about the penalty points.

Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    I guess there's no truth in the unsubstantiated rumour that the Gardai are out to get McCabe. Sure Noreen is best friends with McCabe and all. And she couldn't stand Callinan, her not being his right hand woman an' all.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.