Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 127

Thread: Christmas FM

  1. #1

    Default Christmas FM

    Since the end of November, I've been listening to Christmas FM. Largely instead of my regular diet of current affairs radio.

    I've found my mood better and listening to the radio is more relaxing.

    I'm possibly less informed as a result, but perhaps not.

    Either way, I feel the better for it.

    105.2, in the capital. Online, as well.

    Anybody else feel similarly about 'regular' radio?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Glens of Antrim Coven
    Posts
    76,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Taxi drivers love it. At least they do in the part of Dublin where I am currently forced to hole up.

    But I miss the Northern version, where they have preaching from the Drive In Baptist Chapel at Ballintoy, for example - "He is born to you sinners. Born, I tell you, you sinners dont know you are born. Sooner or later he will cut you down."

    Next up, Boney-M.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

  3. #3

    Default

    Yep,.tapping my feet to BM...picturing David Brent at the Office Christmas party
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saith Cainty Dublin
    Posts
    32,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member firefly123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26,305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    All I know is some fella is coming to town with lists. So I assume that's some sort of census.
    There's something about deers with nose infections and domestic abuse between two drunks in new York.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    east and west
    Posts
    22,652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Taxi drivers love it. At least they do in the part of Dublin where I am currently forced to hole up.
    .
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

  7. #7
    Temporary Ban
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,626
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I love the wireless, me. Don't see the point of current affairs programs though? The odd bit of news is ok.

    I used to tune into music for middlebrow when I were at college. Loved it.

    Listen to Blue of the Night these days. Also, the sacred music collection comes out of the box at this time of year.

    I started listening to this at night:


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    All I know is some fella is coming to town with lists. So I assume that's some sort of census.
    There's something about deers with nose infections and two drunks having a fight in new York.


    The Newstalk Paul Williams version of Christmas
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    east and west
    Posts
    22,652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    I love the wireless, me. Don't see the point of current affairs programs though? The odd bit of news is ok.

    I used to tune into music for middlebrow when I were at college. Loved it.

    Listen to Blue of the Night these days. Also, the sacred music collection comes out of the box at this time of year.

    I started listening to this at night:

    That works for me. Here is another one I love.

    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    This Phoenix will rise from the ashes.

    More of a Ted-talk man?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •