Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dartmouth Square now protected (at last)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dartmouth Square now protected (at last)

Dartmouth Square was tonight made a special conversation area by Dublin City Council, preventing Noel O'Gara's ever nuttier schemes for the park.

Bet his isn't happy.
    (Guys, when I type in capitals it isn't shouting. I have technical problems which makes using italics difficult. Please don't take offence if you see capitals used!)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Dartmouth Square now protected (at last)

Quote Originally Posted by NotDevsSon
    Dartmouth Square was tonight made a special conversation area by Dublin City Council, preventing Noel O'Gara's ever nuttier schemes for the park.

Bet his isn't happy.
    Huzzah!

Minor point - "special conversation area"? Are you sure? I mean, it's a lovely concept...I'll certainly be going there for my next chat.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What has happened to Noel. He was a member here for a while I recall.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good,

Source?
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bet his isn't happy.
    Any chance they'd do the same for Leinster Lawn?
    Just one more glaring example of how our political classes don't believe that normal laws/rules apply to themselves.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    He surfaced on archiseek for a while over xmas ranting about the "waste that is Sandymount strand" supporting an overground motorway, then he went on a mad one about dead patriots and bureaucrats. I think he got banned. Was he banned here? He was pretty funny.
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibis
    Huzzah!

Minor point - "special conversation area"? Are you sure? I mean, it's a lovely concept...I'll certainly be going there for my next chat.
    a typo i've made myself a few times in the course of my working day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso
    good,

Source?
    RTE Nine O'Clock News. Wasn't on their website the last time I checked.
    (Guys, when I type in capitals it isn't shouting. I have technical problems which makes using italics difficult. Please don't take offence if you see capitals used!)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    He surfaced on archiseek for a while over xmas ranting about the "waste that is Sandymount strand" supporting an overground motorway, then he went on a mad one about dead patriots and bureaucrats. I think he got banned. Was he banned here? He was pretty funny.
    Don't know whether he was banned. He was certainly here in the runup to the election.

He is also in favour of putting dual carriageways on top of the canals, and a motorway along the Liffey. I've seen one of his letters to the DTO on the subject - very much a green ink job.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mollox

Bet his isn't happy.
    Any chance they'd do the same for Leinster Lawn?
    Just one more glaring example of how our political classes don't believe that normal laws/rules apply to themselves.
    The 0 comments left under "Leinster House Shouldn’t Be Surrounded By Concrete And Cars" on Shane Ross's blog indicates that nobody cares.

http://www.shane-ross.ie/archives/268/268/
    "The Council of Ministers will have far more power over the budgets of the member states than the federal government in the United States has over the budget of Texas"
    Jean-Claude Trichet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast