Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pat Kenny inept and incapable" Graham Linehan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Pat Kenny inept and incapable" Graham Linehan

I see the father ted creator has launched an attack on the Late Late Show presenter through his ongoing blog called "why,thats delightful".

He described his own experience of being interviewed by Pat stating that "Pat spoke to me,Arthur and the Father Ted cast,and I have never seen an interviewer so dependent on his list of questions,so lost when confronted by an answer he wasn't expecting,so incapable of turning an interview into a conversation"
    Linehan went a step futher saying that "Pat Kenny is another reason I'm leaving Ireland"

R.T.E was the subject of his main attack when the writer said "My point is more to do with R.T.E,and how willing they are to look like amateurs by having an incapable,inept presenter in charge of their biggest ship.
    (Reported in todays Sunday Independent)
    Hugh Conaghan Carlow Town

This must be an RTE thing - Ireland has almost an entire population that is relaxed and amusing on air, and manages to land us with Mr. Woodentop who thinks he is so great to turn up at all that he doesnt actually do anything.

Then they find some poor soul like Mooney who doesnt drop the mike and put him on x shows at once until we are sick looking at him.

Is there an RTE insider who can explain the ineptitude please_?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactus flower
    This must be an RTE thing - Ireland has almost an entire population that is relaxed and amusing on air, and manages to land us with Mr. Woodentop who thinks he is so great to turn up at all that he doesnt actually do anything.

Then they find some poor soul like Mooney who doesnt drop the mike and put him on x shows at once until we are sick looking at him.

I see you point but is it just R.T.E? I also read a piece in the paper about Vincent Browne openly admitting on T.V3 that he has no idea who Amy Winehouse is,I remember watching that myself and cringing slighty,Surly a journalist like Browne should make it his buisness to keep on top of current affairs and even more so when presenting a current news program?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hughj

I see you point but is it just R.T.E? I also read a piece in the paper about Vincent Browne openly admitting on T.V3 that he has no idea who Amy Winehouse is,I remember watching that myself and cringing slighty,Surly a journalist like Browne should make it his buisness to keep on top of current affairs and even more so when presenting a current news program?
    Amy who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Amy who?
    Just in case you were being serious
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 16,00.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amy who?
    I was going to ask the same question? Who is she and why is it important that a current affairs presenter know her?

So she is a plain looking pop singer with hair and drug problems! Big deal. If anything Browne has gone up in my estimation for not nothing such irrelevant information.

What next? Judge the presenters of Prime Time based on whether they know who won American Idol?
    (Guys, when I type in capitals it isn't shouting. I have technical problems which makes using italics difficult. Please don't take offence if you see capitals used!)

Amy Winehouse is an indicator as to whether a person has had any contact with the tabloid press in the last year. Also one of the greatest torch singers in the last 50 years.

Might even turn on Late Late if AW was to be an interviewee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotDevsSon

Amy who?
    I was going to ask the same question? Who is she and why is it important that a current affairs presenter know her?

So she is a plain looking pop singer with hair and drug problems! Big deal. If anything Browne has gone up in my estimation for not nothing such irrelevant information.

What next? Judge the presenters of Prime Time based on whether they know who won American Idol?
    I am no fan of pop to be honest but her face has been over the front pages for months surly if you are a nightly news presenter you should have some idea of who she is and the effect that her influence would have on young Irish fans who witness her drug problems.That is my point. btw she would be more of a jazz singer than pop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You wouldn't call Amy Winehouse "current affairs", would you? And you certainly couldn't call it singing.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast