Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CIRA involvment in the Omagh bomb?

Default CIRA involvment in the Omagh bomb?

On the UTV teletext today it carries a report about Derry flat-earther Gary Donnelly calling for unity between the RIRA and the CIRA, and at the end of the report it claims that the groups have co-operated before, "most notoriously in the 1998 bombing of Omagh". I don't remember ever hearing this before. Can anyone shed any light on it? Cheers.
    "There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight."

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First i've heard of it

Although that's not saying much coming from you. You only heard the Earth went round the Sun yesterday.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: CIRA involvment in the Omagh bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibuckfast
    On the UTV teletext today it carries a report about Derry flat-earther Gary Donnelly calling for unity between the RIRA and the CIRA, and at the end of the report it claims that the groups have co-operated before, "most notoriously in the 1998 bombing of Omagh". I don't remember ever hearing this before. Can anyone shed any light on it? Cheers.
    these allegations were made by David Rupert, an FBI and MI5 agent during the trial of Michael McKevitt

Right. Thanks for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I remember hearing something about it. CIRA picked the bomb location. RIRA did the rest.

That's merely rumour though.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you'd get a better response to your query if you didn't refer to people as flat earthers.
    I'd also call for unity amongst Republicans.
    At the trial of Michael Mc Kevitt, it was alleged that the RIRA made the bomb and passed it to CIRA activists.
    It was also alleged the RIRA made the bomb which the INLA exploded in Newtownhamilton.
    At the time those in the RIRA had just left the Provos and were possibly looking to poach members from other groups.
    At the trial of Colm Murphy it was alleged he was Chief of Staff of the CIRA prior to the Omagh bomb and a leading member of RSF at the time.(It should be pointed out he was later acquitted)
    One of those named in the Civil Case taken by the families is currently serving time for CIRA activities and CIRA membership.
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogwarrior
    Maybe you'd get a better response to your query if you didn't refer to people as flat earthers.

You people really should learn to get a sense of humour about yourselves. Because if you do, by god you'll laugh. Oh how you'll laugh. Maybe nearly as much as the rest of us do at youse.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You people really should learn to get a sense of humour about yourselves. Because if you, by god you'll laugh. Oh how you'll laugh. Maybe nearly as much as the rest of us do at youse.
    There will be no humour in the new Republic! You and your ilk will be forced to wipe the grin from your face using my soiled Y-fronts. He who laughs last etc etc.
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You people really should learn to get a sense of humour about yourselves. Because if you do, by god you'll laugh. Oh how you'll laugh. Maybe nearly as much as the rest of us do at youse.

As a person who supports neither of the organisations you mention and has no axe to grind, I find it hard to understand what you are laughing at...You have a weird sence of humour if the Omagh bombings and the people involved in them make you want to laugh.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast