Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Juncker the drunk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Juncker the drunk

Juncker may or may not have the right ideals, but covering up a drunk as a senior European figure is neither proper nor feasible

“Five Presidents” EU’s Jean-Claude Juncker Drunk in Public, Slaps Leaders | Heat Street
    The most powerful among these is Luxembourgish politician Jean-Claude Juncker, the EU Commission head who has threatened Britain.
    Last night, sensational video emerged showing Juncker obviously drunk in public, hopping from foot to foot and slapping other EU leaders. A second member of the “Five Presidents”, Donald Tusk, stands next to him looking uneasy.
    That the EU can hide a nasty drunk at its core...says a lot about the EU

Cyp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

He was clearly three sheets to the wind for this gathering but that does mean he is a drunk?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    He was clearly three sheets to the wind for this gathering but that does mean he is a drunk?
    Not a fan, but the video is from May 28 2015
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”—Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a difference between being drunk and being a drunk.
    Which is he ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The FT has an article every saturday "Lunch with the FT"

An FT hack takes a public figure to lunch, the FT pays.

The often wide ranging discussions are made into a feature article.
    There are some classics Michael O'Leary ranting over a plastic Ryanair sandwich is one of the funniest.

Lionel Barber the editor of the FT interviewed John Brutal when he was in Washington - the lunch was in a steakhouse.

The next interview Barber undertook was of writer Martin Amis. When ordering the wine Barber said the last Lunch with FT he'd done was with an Irish politician in DC 'Which turned into an epic drinking session"
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is this thing EU leaders have with slapping each other like Sonny Corleone from the Godfather?

Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    What is this thing EU leaders have with slapping each other like Sonny Corleone from the Godfather?

Fredo knows his place....
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Due to my presence in this glass house, I am currenly prohibited from throwing stones..
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cYp, I dont know that it has been covered up - it was reported fairly extensively in the UK press - I seem to remember a Daily Mail headline which went "You Dont Have To Be a Drunk To Work Here - But It Helps", about Juncker swigging cognac for breakfast and effing and blinding at other Euro leaders.

Possibly that was seen as just anti-EU propaganda. There have been similar reports in European newspapers.

Maybe its just the Irish media which ignored it. After the likes of Cowan, they may not actually think its any big deal anyway.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've warmed a bit to Juncker since his appointment. I don't think he's as lock-step to Angela's orders like some of the other EU apparatchiks like Tusk and Dijsselbloem. He also seems to be the only senior EU official who doesn't want the UK to leave, despite his differences with Cameron.

The drinking doesn't bother me. If it helps lubricate the negotiations, I'd let it slide. It's not like he has his fingers on nuclear codes.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast