Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Landmark" and Kathleen O'Meara

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Landmark" and Kathleen O'Meara

Can anyone tell me about the extaordinary story I heard about Senator Kathleen O' Meara and her involvement in "Landmark" - an organisation which is said to be cult-like in its structure and aims ?

There are murmurings about it within Labour, both nationally and locally, and it may cost her a Dail nomination (!!)

So whats it all about ??

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think she went public about this in an interview recently? Can't remember where I saw it though.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was a lengthy article about it in The Phoenix following up from a piece in the Tribune - I wasn't aware she went 'public' about it but she never hid the fact that she is involved in The Landmark organisation, indeed she apparently acts as an advocate for it.
    She could well be brought before the standards in public office committee for allegedly facilitating the group to hold meetings in Leinster House.
    Meanwhile back at the ranch, O'Meara's position in Tipp as a potential Labour candidate is said to be under threat from certain sections of her own local organisation
    "Be advised, my passport's green / No glass of ours was ever raised / To toast the Queen." Seamus Heaney 1982

"I'm a bit of a green myself" Charles Haughey 1989

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know any more precise details? Is Landmark as cult-like as it is claimed? Does anyone know to what extent it was claimed that O'Meara was active within the organisation?
    Ich mag Steine!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just what was in the phoenix (not that you can believe all of that) - sounds weird

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's certainly a very atypical political scandal!
    Ich mag Steine!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw the Phoenix article last night- it claimed that O' Meara had tried to get several other Labour figures involved in Landmark.

The article finishes on a humorous note- saying something like:

"The Phoenix has no evidence that suggests that any other Labour front benchers are involved in Landmark, and it appears that the cult-like Stickies are the only people exerting mind-control on the party"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that Kathleen O'Meara is running for Presidency, will she clarify her involvement with Landmark. ? Sunday Tribune: Labour senator promotes group
    classified in France as ' cult- like'
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually cyb, in an email to Labour parliamentary party members on 22nd of May - Kathleen O'Meara (in asking them to nomimate her as the party's candidate for president) writes that 6000 people have benefitted from Landmark in Ireland.

In 2005 I was asked by a Sunday Tribune reporter to give an interview about a course I had done called the Landmark Forum and what I had gained personally from doing the course. I was happy to share my personal experience, but I was shocked when the newspaper then created a sensational story out of it. At the time my elderly father was very ill and it was very upsetting but I am a former journalist myself and still a member of the NUJ I trusted the reporter and the newspaper at the time. For the record, Landmark Education, the company which delivers the Landmark Forum, is a global training and personal development company and their education is cutting edge. 6,000 people in Ireland have done the Landmark Forum and got considerable benefit from it. Their website is http://www.landmarkeducation.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, bumping a thread after six years. Is this an, er, landmark?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast