Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend public urination by young men

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Weekend public urination by young men

The habit of young males urinating fairly openly (as opposed to finding a quiet spot around a corner) in public on weekend nights has declined since the Celtic Tiger in my opinion,but this antisocial behaviour is still far too common.A popular spot for this in Dublin is by the railings on Stephens Green north. Since the location is close to pubs and cafes with toilet facilities,those dimwitted males appear to be making a statement or statements:

I'm drunk and having great craic.

I'm expressing contempt for social manners and feel liberated.

I'm antiestablishment (dimwitted students?).

Look how sexually liberated I am,I do this when women are approaching.

I witnessed the arrest on the Green by Gardai of one young urinator,but I suspect they didn't charge him.It would be a good idea if the Gardai did bring charges and even better if the media reported on court proceedings. Naming and shaming them might put a stop to this antisocial habit.

I'm sure few readers of P.ie (!) engage in this antisocial behaviour but if they know any male who does, warn them not to do it in America or Canada. Aggressive American cops could easily charge them with indecent exposure, a serious crime. From Wikipedia:

In the fifty states of the United States indecent exposure is defined by state law as exposure of the genitals and/or the female breast in a public place and may in some states require evidence of intent to shock, arouse or offend other persons. The act is prohibited by state laws titled variously as Indecent Exposure, Sexual Misconduct, Public Lewdness, and Public Indecency. It is a criminal offense in all fifty states and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment, and in some states a conviction results in having to register as a sex offender.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you taking the pi*s?

In some countries at weekend the city council puts out public urinals in the street at or close to where they know there would be a problem and seems to solve the problem.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius
    Are you taking the pi*s?

How about banning digs from peeing on the street? Sorry dude when nature calls, I'm going to tinkle. Am I going to wait ages queing for a club, paying €10 just to pee? Feck that! Its free to pee!
    "Are you telling me that a computer, a robot and my wife would create a "natuarlly balanced" society? The consequences are too monstrous to contemplate.."
    -farnaby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure what the Gardaí could charge them with. Public indecency maybe - but unless they were exposing themselves provocatively in addition to relieving themselves, I doubt they'd get anywhere with it.

On the other hand, local authorities can introduce by-laws in this area, so perhaps you should get on to DCC patslatt to see what they can do.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Collective.
    How about banning digs from peeing on the street? Sorry dude when nature calls, I'm going to tinkle. Am I going to wait ages queing for a club, paying €10 just to pee? Feck that! Its free to pee!
    There are plenty of pubs and cafes with toilets near that location on the Green ,so it's not about the urgent need to urinate.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is all taking the p1ss! (excuse the pun) Many continental countries accept this type of behaviour without problem as long as no gonads are on display. Councils should provide sufficient facilities for both genders.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think that there is a single public toilet in Dublin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe
    In some countries at weekend the city council puts out public urinals in the street at or close to where they know there would be a problem and seems to solve the problem.
    The sensible way to go.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast