Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Political candidates who use the letters "TD" in their posters/literature. Is this allowed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Political candidates who use the letters "TD" in their posters/literature. Is this allowed?

It's the oldest trick in the book. . . Election candidates using the letters "TD" in their posters. Hint: You elected me before.

But are they allowed for when DE is dissolved shortly there are no TDs for the duration of the campaign.

My view is that election candidates should be fined for each poster and their posters subsequently taken down if they use the letters "TD" on their posters/literature.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    It's the oldest trick in the book. . . Election candidates using the letters "TD" in their posters. Hint: You elected me before.

But are they allowed for when DE is dissolved shortly there are no TDs for the duration of the campaign.

My view is that election candidates should be fined for each poster and their posters subsequently taken down if they use the letters "TD" on their posters/literature.
    gives us an example of a election poster that did that, my impression is this is applied far stricter in the UK then here, what the law or regulations on it?
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 2nd February 2016 at 12:46 AM.
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    gies us an example of a election poster that did that, my impression is this is applied far stricter in the UK then here, what the law or regulations on it?
    It's been going on since the letters "TD" were invented to indicate our elected representatives. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    It's been going on since the letters "TD" were invented to indicate our elected representatives. . .
    should be easy to give an example then
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    should be easy to give an example then
    Clearly you've never been in Ireland for a GE campaign. .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unless it's in the rules that they can't accurately identify themselves as a TD why should they be fined? Are you saying they're breaking rules or that you want the rules changed?

If you want them changed: Why shouldn't a TD identify themselves as such and allow their record speak for/against them?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the 2011 GE in Dublin West

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    If you want them changed: Why shouldn't a TD identify themselves as such and allow their record speak for/against them?
    Because they're not a TD for the duration of the campaign.

Politics.ie Debater
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Unless it's in the rules that they can't accurately identify themselves as a TD why should they be fined? Are you saying they're breaking rules or that you want the rules changed?

Don't they remain TDs until the actual formation of a new government.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast