Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Map of electoral districts online?

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Map of electoral districts online?

I'm trying to find a map showing the areas in each constituency broken down into electoral districts. I know OSI do one but they charge money for that!

Specifically i'm trying to find one for Dún Laoghaire and Dublin south

Any ideas?
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tried to get electronic ones for work and it was expensive. It's pretty much impossible unless you're willing to shell out. I'd suggest the County Councils (try and copy the planning registry or something - it may be broken down), and if not then try the Map Library in Trinity College. They are available but you'd swear they were the state secrets.
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have a look at this. Together with the street guide you may be able to get a decent picture. It's usually major roads that form the borders

http://www.cso.ie/census/prelim_results_Dub_jpg.htm
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso
    have a look at this. Together with the street guide you may be able to get a decent picture. It's usually major roads that form the borders

http://www.cso.ie/census/prelim_results_Dub_jpg.htm
    Thats what I found when I went hunting. Its not terribly useful unfortunatly! I can't believe this sort of information isn't available freely!
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukiluc View Post
    That's great, but s/he was looking for Dublin South and Dun Laoghaire which aren't in the DCC area - do you know if there are equivalent maps for the other council areas?
    'What is the crime of robbing a bank compared with the crime of founding one?'

Quote Originally Posted by d7bohs View Post
    That's great, but s/he was looking for Dublin South and Dun Laoghaire which aren't in the DCC area - do you know if there are equivalent maps for the other council areas?
    Try the DEHLG site for the last electoral areas report, should have the SDCC and DLR area maps. Actually I think the DLR council site should have a better map too. If not PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This guy does some pretty decent maps:

Irish Constituency Maps |

Have used them myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ballot stuffer View Post
    I'm trying to find a map showing the areas in each constituency broken down into electoral districts. I know OSI do one but they charge money for that!

Specifically i'm trying to find one for Dún Laoghaire and Dublin south

Any ideas?
    I heard electoral boundaries are copyrighted by OSI. That is why they are hard to get.