Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenue's Christmas wishes for Property Tax Dodgers.

Politics.ie Member powderfinger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Revenue's Christmas wishes for Property Tax Dodgers.

Looks like they're going after the celticpiggies who thought that by salting the cash away in an overseas undeclared rentshack,they were ahead of the game.Deluded greedy gobshites.

Link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

<Mod>Moved to the Economy forum.</Mod>
    Heavy words are so lightly thrown.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Revenue's Christmas wishes for Property Tax Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by powderfinger
    celticpiggies who thought that by salting the cash away in an overseas undeclared rentshack,they were ahead of the game.Deluded greedy gobshites.
    Are you morally outraged by their tax dodging, or are you jealous and resentful? Would you declare all your income to the Revenue if you believed you could avoid paying tax on a portion of it?

A huge chunk of the population tries to minimise their tax liabilities, or actually fails to declare, from millionaire property developers to working class plumbers. Do you hate them all equally, or just the ones who earn way more than you?

Default Déja Vu

The offshore bank account of yesteryear transformed itself into the offshore property portfolio of today.
    I think it's way overdue that the Revenue chased after this money.
    Problem is they'll probably only catch a few retired pensioners of modest means while the big players with complex company ownership structures will get away with again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badinage
    celticpiggies who thought that by salting the cash away in an overseas undeclared rentshack,they were ahead of the game.Deluded greedy gobshites.
    Are you morally outraged by their tax dodging, or are you jealous and resentful? Would you declare all your income to the Revenue if you believed you could avoid paying tax on a portion of it?

A huge chunk of the population tries to minimise their tax liabilities, or actually fails to declare, from millionaire property developers to working class plumbers. Do you hate them all equally, or just the ones who earn way more than you?
    its called evasion, there is a huge difference between legally managing your tax affairs and illegally evading your liability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you morally outraged by their tax dodging, or are you jealous and resentful? Would you declare all your income to the Revenue if you believed you could avoid paying tax on a portion of it?NONE of the above re Q1. YES to your second question.
    I am surprised that the State are gearing up to cash in on this particular rainy day fund now.I thought that there was a few years grace left for the fiscally deluded foreign apartment class.By the way ,how much do I earn?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am surprised that the State are gearing up to cash in on this particular rainy day fund now.I thought that there was a few years grace left for the fiscally deluded foreign apartment class.By the way ,how much do I earn?[/u]y.
    That was avoiding my question. My question is whether you hate plumbers who don't declare their full income to the Revenue just as much as you hate millionaire overseas property developers? The principle is exactly the same. i.e. are you jealous of wealthy people, or is it the principle (applied equally)?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think there are several millionaire plumbers.

How insulated from modern life a person must be to be unaware just how crushingly expensive simple plumbing jobs have become. Plumbers are in the same league as barristers now.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Politics.ie Member A_man_about_a_dog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by feargach
    I think there are several millionaire plumbers.

How insulated from modern life a person must be to be unaware just how crushingly expensive simple plumbing jobs have become. Plumbers are in the same league as barristers now.
    Tell me about. My immersion tank broke last week. I could almost hear the delight in the plumber's voice when I told him about the problem. He was probably already pricing the job in his head before he'd even seen the feckin thing. To top it all off, he cracked a brand new pipe when he was installing it and got another half day's work out of it!
    Economic Left/Right: -2.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.88

Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask why not?
    G.B Shaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fail to see any avoidance or evasion in my previous post .Ease up with the old "moral outrage" etc. nonsense as well.Nasty traits that blur and distort any view in my leabhar.As for plumbers and multi-millionaire property developers I would be friendly with both coincidentally.Anyways enough of that.I don't have sympathy for those who make a choice to purchase abroad without regard to the tax obligations due on either/or the funds used and rental income yielded.Did they not see this one waiting down the tracks?To my mind it was as obvious as the nose on Bertie's face.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast