Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 129

Thread: Helen McEntee: "I've risen to the challenge"

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member artfoley56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    courtown, Dun Laoghaire
    Posts
    9,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Helen McEntee: "I've risen to the challenge"

    In a recent soft piece in the Dinny dependant, Ms Mcentee asserts that after a challenging start that she has risen to the challenge of life in the dail.

    from my own perspective, I can't think of anything of note she has done since her high profile election to justify her assertion, which begs the question, what is the bar for rising to the occasion in DE ? because as far as i can see the bar is being a nodding dog who doesnt challenge the status quo or challenge conventional thinking. in fact, in my opinion, most of the occupants in DE have abysmally failed to rise to the challenge and that is perhaps why ms mcentee perceives herself as having become a star performer

    what think ye ?
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wicklow
    Posts
    16,350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    She fixed the footpaths, she goes to funerals, she got medical cards for her constituents, she got people to the top of the waiting lists for housing or the hospital waiting lists

    Normally sufficient criteria for re-election in Ireland

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member daveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Who?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    What exactly is the challenge when an electorate of cap tipping peasants in Meath elect you to fill your late father's seat?

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member jackryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dublin, but lived in Tipp, Limerick, Kildare, NI, UK & USA
    Posts
    3,673
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Should be an interesting battle between herself and Doherty for the FG seat! so I suppose every bit helps!

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wicklow
    Posts
    16,350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    What exactly is the challenge when an electorate of cap tipping peasants in Meath elect you to fill your dead father's seat?
    Now, now there are plenty of blow-ins from Dublin living in Royal Meath these days. Sure didn't her Uncle win an All Ireland title for the Meath footballers in 1988?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,204
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    Who?
    I think it's about some kind of cake. It has 'risen' anyway thank god. Nothing worse than a flat cake after putting in the hard work.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    In a recent soft piece in the Dinny dependant, Ms Mcentee asserts that after a challenging start that she has risen to the challenge of life in the dail.

    from my own perspective, I can't think of anything of note she has done since her high profile election to justify her assertion, which begs the question, what is the bar for rising to the occasion in DE ? because as far as i can see the bar is being a nodding dog who doesnt challenge the status quo or challenge conventional thinking. in fact, in my opinion, most of the occupants in DE have abysmally failed to rise to the challenge and that is perhaps why ms mcentee perceives herself as having become a star performer

    what think ye ?
    Are you living in her constituency? If not, what could she have done realistically of note that you might have heard of? She is a new inexperienced backbench TD learning the ropes around Leinster house. Most of her work will be on local matters for the time being. If she gets re-elected then maybe she can look to broaden her horizons a bit.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wicklow
    Posts
    16,350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Are you living in her constituency? If not, what could she have done realistically of note that you might have heard of? She is a new inexperienced backbench TD learning the ropes around Leinster house. Most of her work will be on local matters for the time being. If she gets re-elected then maybe she can look to broaden her horizons a bit.
    Many voters don't care less about national issues, that is possibly why Helen McEntee will get re-elected if she has been prioritizing Local issues.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member DaveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,997
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    In a recent soft piece in the Dinny dependant, Ms Mcentee asserts that after a challenging start that she has risen to the challenge of life in the dail.

    from my own perspective, I can't think of anything of note she has done since her high profile election to justify her assertion, which begs the question, what is the bar for rising to the occasion in DE ? because as far as i can see the bar is being a nodding dog who doesnt challenge the status quo or challenge conventional thinking. in fact, in my opinion, most of the occupants in DE have abysmally failed to rise to the challenge and that is perhaps why ms mcentee perceives herself as having become a star performer

    what think ye ?
    Hardly her fault. The way the Oireachtas operates will always mean that the majority of TDs and senators will never amount to much more than lobby fodder.
    Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •