Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Drogheda Printer refuses to print Same Sex "wedding" invitations based on religious beliefs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Drogheda Printer refuses to print Same Sex "wedding" invitations based on religious beliefs

Inviting Trouble | Broadsheet.ie

Beulah Print in Drogheda have refused to print civil partnership "wedding" invitations on the grounds that it conflicts with their Bible-believing Christian beliefs.

As you can imagine this has raised a storm with glitterati of Louth and twitter is burning up. Beulah Print have pulled their facebook page offline.

Personally I don't have an issue with them refusing business although I'm not sure there is print work in Louth to be too exclusive.

Additionally on grounds of equality I think any local public sector agencies should exclude them from tenders.

Perhaps Iona can send some work their way?
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor", Desmond Tutu

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beulah (given name) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isaiah 62:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
    Given that they have a biblical reference in their name, is someone trying to be offended by asking them to print same sex invitations and being outraged at their refusal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verhofstadt View Post
    Inviting Trouble | Broadsheet.ie

Beulah Print in Drogheda have refused to print civil partnership "wedding" invitations on the grounds that it conflicts with their Bible-believing Christian beliefs.

As you can imagine this has raised a storm with glitterati of Louth and twitter is burning up. Beulah Print have pulled their facebook page offline.

Personally I don't have an issue with them refusing business although I'm not sure there is print work in Louth to be too exclusive.

Additionally on grounds of equality I think any local public sector agencies should exclude them from tenders.

Perhaps Iona can send some work their way?
    That could be the intention. How's that bakery doing I wonder ?

You know what they say about publicity....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just as with the cake business in the North this is no doubt an attempt to get a ruling and money under the Equal Status Act.

Elbereth

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post

Given that they have a biblical reference in their name, is someone trying to be offended by asking them to print same sex invitations and being outraged at their refusal?
    Or they simply needed a printers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post

Indeed they appear pretty evangelical in their beliefs, however how often do you google a business name to check it's religiosity?

while "beulah" a bit biblical, I'd have no idea without searching what it meant.

Note the customer claims to used them for 4 years so I don't think this was a smear / hitjob, additionally note the statement regarding the printer coming to the client's office..

I am absolutely discussed with the treatment I am after receiving from Beulahprint in Drogheda. I have given them my business for over 4 years now and when I asked them to design my wedding invitations he refused as himself and his business partner don't believe in same sex civil partnerships and homosexuality and they are 'devoted Christians' I can't believe how they can discriminate against gay people. And worst part of it all he comes into my place of work and humiliates me in front of all my staff. Never again will I give them my business.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor", Desmond Tutu

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had never heard of them and now I have!

That's what I call publicity and there's no such thing as bad publicity.

But I'm glad I'm not connected in any way to them!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ha the T.D. for Louth commented ?

Politics.ie Member Ramon Mercadar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Just as with the cake business in the North this is no doubt an attempt to get a ruling and money under the Equal Status Act.
    So you have no problems with them if they refuse to serve taigs or muslins as heretics and pagans?
    In 1908, in London, at the Olympics, Irish American Martin Sheridan announced “This flag dips for no earthly king," when the US team paraded past the royal box.

Elbereth

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast