Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Drogheda Printer refuses to print Same Sex "wedding" invitations based on religious beliefs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fact of not being listened to be our politicians is a sure fire way of pushing decent people to vote for Right Wing Parties.

Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cdebru View Post
    If their beliefs were anti immigrant, or they believed in racial segregation ? if they refused a couple because they weren't Irish or it was a mixed marriage ? What if their beliefs were sectarian ? refused a protestant or catholic wedding ? Can businesses refuse to serve black people ? Chinese ? old? disabled ? If that is their beliefs ?
    They are a private business, they don't need a license so the clients can move on and take their business elsewhere The orange order don't admit Catholics, the Royals can't marry a Catholic, get over it.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buchaill Dana View Post
    And people are to know this how?

You would be the first whinging if Catholics were discriminated against
    This fellow was a customer of theirs for years - with an openly Christian business

- are we really to believe he did not know they were Christians?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Idiotic statement, if the man has been heterosexual they would not have refused him.

Odd they didn’t refuse business to the gay hairdresser cutting gay people’s hair though.
    That doesn't line up. So you think a straight guy asking for invitation cards for a gay wedding would have gone ahead?

I'm not saying they're not bigoted idiots. I'm saying that story doesn't make it appear like they refused his business because he was gay. They did lots of business with him already. They refused his business relating to a gay marriage. Maybe they didn't know or assume that the hair salon owner they did business with was gay. That's not clear from the story.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman View Post
    They are a private business, they don't need a license so the clients can move on and take their business elsewhere The orange order don't admit Catholics, the Royals can't marry a Catholic, get over it.

You didn't answer my question instead you engaged in irrelevant look over there, should shops, restaurants, coffee shops, taxis be allowed to put up " no blacks allowed" signs ? if that is their beliefs ? Should we do away with discrimination laws and allow racial segregation, religious discrimination, Age, Disability,Gender ?

They are a private business and they have to obey the laws in the state in which they wish to operate, whether they are laws on tax, health and safety, employment rights, or human rights and equality you don't like it, move to another country that shares your values, Saudi Arabia maybe.
    Text Cancer to 50300 to Donate 4.00
    75 cent to telecoms company and 125,000 to Averil Power (Ex FF)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    This fellow was a customer of theirs for years - with an openly Christian business

- are we really to believe he did not know they were Christians?
    Whats an 'openly Christian' business?

You would be tbe first to snowflake if a Free P business refused your custom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The homosexuals love their drama.
    There are only two genders.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The OO and the royal family are neither businesses nor services. Also the royals can marry Catholics, that changed a while back.

The head of state cannot be Catholic, but that's because the head of state is also head of the CoE so cannot be of another denomination. It'd be a bit like demanding the position of Pope be open to Protestants.
    I am in line for a smiting probably sooner than I expect. Apparently.

Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Can't get cards printed? Move on to the next printer get me there. Folk are free to be gay and so should others be free to follow their beliefs, the outcry over this is bollix.
    People are free to be gay and to not be discriminated against.

People are also fee to follow their beliefs, what they are not allowed is to use their religion to discrimate against others. And it's pretty unChristain to discrimate against someone just because they are gay.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.

Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Feck sake I looked at the ad at the top and it's an ad for all gay cruises with a picture of three topless men wearing sailor hats. LOL. I didn't even know there was such a thing.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.