Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is John Waters on?

Default What is John Waters on?

Has this guy lost the plot or what? I think the man that is in the intellectual wing of Fianna Fáil sometimes has interesting things to say but his piece on Katy French in today's times. He admits to only meeting her once and yet produces a full-column of high-brow emotional, drivel about how upset he is.

Does anyone know what the hell he is on about?

Quotes from the piece include:

"Katy's death was the result not just of her foolishness, but of our collective helplessness,"

She did not, other than literally, die of whatever it will say on her death certificate. She died of desire, of being utterly human.

"Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world's capacity to satisfy them,"

Katy French was a personification of our fantasies, of our sense of what we were becoming, of how we might unfold ourselves.

"I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you've only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity"

"She was a child. She was my daughter and Eoghan's daughter and Eamon's daughter and Pat's daughter and Bertie's daughter. She was your daughter, your little sister,"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Moved to media
    "Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
    John Galbraith
    Economic Left/Right:-8.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:-6.97

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I am crying writing this"

Cringeworthy. I bet he wasn't in Buckingham Street the other night for the turning of the lights of the commemoration tree.
    Meon na saoirse.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus wept

Poor old John has obviously been sucked into the sad little world. How much longer before we are reading this once excellent writer on a Sunday moring?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If JW continues like this he'll be recruited as a speechwriter by Catriona Ruane

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I stopped reading when I got to

"I am crying, writing this."

I was just too embarrassed for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps I shouldnt say this, but perhaps coke? The black fizzy kind mind you. With some rum perhaps? Makes me cry about girls I dont know anyway.
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah thats nothing compared to some of the stuff people have been saying and writing, That Rosanna Davidson is in the news constantly now, going on and on about her friend Katy, even though she has admitted barely knowing the girl. I was listening to Michelle DeBruen on Today FM yesterday morning, she was also talking about Miss French, I was just thinking to myself "what is the point of this interview ?, is it just to let people know that Michelle knew her".

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its a pity John Waters has gone insane.

He really was quite good years ago.

I blame Sinead O'Connor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People have been dying from drugs for decades in Ireland. Is only French worthy of his tears?

Quote Originally Posted by Waters
    "She was a child. She was my daughter and Eoghan's daughter and Eamon's daughter and Pat's daughter and Bertie's daughter. She was your daughter, your little sister,"
    All those who have died were somebody's son or daughter! Ireland had one of the worst Heroin problems in Europe in the 80's. How quickly we forget...
    "I put down the welter of corruption in Irish politics to Burke's escape from retribution after that exposure in 1974. It gave everybody in the game a licence to steal."

- Joe MacAnthony

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast