Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Micky Martin Creamed on Morning Ireland

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Micky Martin Creamed on Morning Ireland

Ahern's want to be 'successor ', Michael Martin got more than he bargained for on Morning Ireland when Leo Varadkar wiped the floor with him on the budget, and Martin had to threw a Hissy with the presenter, to cover up his weak performance.

Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The old ladies love him though. Varadkar mightn't have the same charm but sounded very level-headed about getting young people/first time buyers into houses. Cathal McCoilleach threw a few punches in there too at Martin ("this has been happening a lot lately"), the fiend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Micky Martin Creamed on Morning Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by towny
    Ahern's want to be 'successor ', Michael Martin got more than he bargained for on Morning Ireland when Leo Varadkar wiped the floor with him on the budget, and Martin had to threw a Hissy with the presenter, to cover up his weak performance.

Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.
    Martin have diminished in my estimation over the last two years. He is far too complacent in interviews and merely churns out waffle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Micky Martin Creamed on Morning Ireland

[quote="towny"]Ahern's want to be 'successor ', Michael Martin got more than he bargained for on Morning Ireland when Leo Varadkar wiped the floor with him on the budget, and Martin had to threw a Hissy with the presenter, to cover up his weak performance.

Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.[/quote]

That is the most humiliating criticism of anyone I have ever seen on this forum. Surely nobody is that bad???
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jaysus - this site is hilarious - lads just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Varadkar consistently comes across badly every time I've heard him - my gripe isn't with what he says but with his insistence in interrupting both the other speaker and indeed the moderator or interviewer. He was so bad at it today we even had the interviewer deliberately talking over him and slapping him down for refusing to answer the question he was actually being asked.

Having said that - MM came across tetchy and although he had a point that LV was being given a free run at saying what he wanted whereas MM was being forced to selectively answer individual points, you never come across well when you whinge at the interviewer. In fairness his tetchiness did deliver immediate results as LV was then stopped from avoiding answers and was himself forced to be a bit more specific.

Was there some issue about MM being late but feeling he had been given a different time to arrive at?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Martin had lousy performance this morning on radio right from the off when he was late for the interview.
    Richard Bruton had good performance against Cowen last night on RTE, how come Bruton isn't FG leader?
    Ahern on RTE news last night had a great head for facts and figures, isn't it mystifying that he can't remember 50k of his own dosh during a 'very difficult period in his life'?
    Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there there is no river. - Nikita Khrushchev

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cathal McCoilleach was the one who wiped the floor with young Micheál, I thought. Varadkar unfortunately came across as being a bit petulant.

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heard a few secs. The little bit I heard had Varadker stuttering and talking over McCoille.

Martin was techy but to say the floor was wiped with him is a major exaggeration.

McCoille is techy in vocal style and I rarely like listening to him.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didnt think MM got creamed at all really.

the important thing question is this: What is the difference between FG and FF in terms of policy????

It seems to me that Varadkar and Brutons mantra is just that FF did the right thing but not enough of it and banging the worn out drum about Public Sector Reform.

I think they should put that lovers tiff at the beginning of the last century behind them, have some make up sex, and stage a nice little merger.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tune in later here when it gets loaded onto the rte site. Put on headphones - you'll hear Martin groaning a lot during the interview.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast