Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing Vincent Browne

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Missing Vincent Browne

Anyone else missing the re-enactments of Tribunal proceedings on "Tonight with Vincent Browne"?

Occasional clips on news bulletins don't compare. And just imagine the in-depth analysis to which VB and guests would subject the current disclosures from Dublin Castle.

No doubt it's completely coincidental that the programme was axed just as B. Ahern's bizarre financial affairs were about to be investigated.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Missing Vincent Browne

Quote Originally Posted by punditt
    Anyone else missing the re-enactments of Tribunal proceedings on "Tonight with Vincent Browne"?

Occasional clips on news bulletins don't compare. And just imagine the in-depth analysis to which VB and guests would subject the current disclosures from Dublin Castle.

No doubt it's completely coincidental that the programme was axed just as B. Ahern's bizarre financial affairs were about to be investigated.
    Vincent Browne spent the last months of his show constantly attacking Tom Gilmartin as a fantasist on the basis of information he was clearly being spoon-fed from O'Callaghan and Lawlor's family. So no, I don't miss his show, he was an idiot. Joe Taylor and Malcolm Douglas were good though..

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger

Vincent Browne spent the last months of his show constantly attacking Tom Gilmartin as a fantasist on the basis of information he was clearly being spoon-fed from O'Callaghan and Lawlor's family. So no, I don't miss his show, he was an idiot. Joe Taylor and Malcolm Douglas were good though..
    I agree Vincent Browne took some extraordinary turns of principle on this issue. Puzzlingly contradictory - like a dinghy with the centreboard up in a gale. On the other hand, when once a thing is proven beyond doubt Browne seldom fights shy of acknowledging it. Ahern got rid of one of his most potentially lethal media critics just when he would be most wanted. Ahern is into revenge too and it seems he got Browne back for that campaign launch press conference scene.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No reason they can't continue on RTE without Browne, is there?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon

I agree Vincent Browne took some extraordinary turns of principle on this issue. Puzzlingly contradictory - like a dinghy with the centreboard up in a gale. On the other hand, when once a thing is proven beyond doubt Browne seldom fights shy of acknowledging it. Ahern got rid of one of his most potentially lethal media critics just when he would be most wanted. Ahern is into revenge too and it seems he got Browne back for that campaign launch press conference scene.
    Oddly, Browne did Ahern a huge favour. Ahern clearly won that encounter and Kenny's spinmeisters told him to duck the issue afterwards.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik

No reason they can't continue on RTE without Browne, is there?
    That's the obvious answer. No need to have Browne present them, he invariably got the scene-setting introduction wrong and had to be bailed out by one of his guests.

I miss the tribunal re-enactments but my blood pressure has improved since Browne's departure from RTE and I'd like to keep it that way.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing like the extraordinary u-turn he took with CJH. Browne's tale of giving Charlie a hug and heading home from Kinsealy with tears in his eyes suggested that they had several bottles of wine that day.

And can't you just hear Charlie's dry chuckle as he watched Browne disappear down the driveway. He probably opened a bottle of Dom P to celebrate his theatrical victory over his nemisis.

Even now CJH is probably kicking himself: "Sh1t, if only I could have videod that eejit, it would be No. 1 on youtube for years!"

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The programme had got a bit tired at the end and Vincent's heart didn't seem to be in it. I mean what man can produce three highly interesting newspaper columns a week (on completely different topics of course), edit a highly interesting weekly magazine and present a radio show at the same time? Something had to suffer.

I still find myself earnestly gazing at the radio every night at 10pm though.........

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mollox
    Nothing like the extraordinary u-turn he took with CJH. Browne's tale of giving Charlie a hug and heading home from Kinsealy with tears in his eyes suggested that they had several bottles of wine that day.

And can't you just hear Charlie's dry chuckle as he watched Browne disappear down the driveway. He probably opened a bottle of Dom P to celebrate his theatrical victory over his nemisis.

Even now CJH is probably kicking himself: "Sh1t, if only I could have videod that eejit, it would be No. 1 on youtube for years!"
    I'd say he's too busy trying to explain to Brian Lenihan while he stole his transplant money, if he isn't burning already..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vincent Browne's U-turn on Frank Connolly was also pretty spectacular. He went from demanding answers about his alleged trip to Columbia (see http://www.village.ie/Opinion/Editorial ... to_answer/) to employing him at the Village in the space of a few weeks.
    "Your vision is right, my vision is wrong, I'm sorry for smudging the air with my song"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast