Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin south Central local elections.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin south Central local elections.

Friends I think its high time we started the ball rolling on the various local wards in DSC probably the most co-opted constituency in the whole country.Does anyone have any news on anyone who might be standing or not standing.As a first one person who I thought would have had a chance in Ballyfermot was Brid Smith of the SWP but she appears to have been abducted by aliens the day after the GE,ANY SIGHTINGS?.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just heard that Eric Byrne voted tonight in favour of the bin charges this could have a big impact on his support base in Drimnagh where the bincharges are a very big issue.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also just heard that a FG councillor is to step down tomorrow.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i understand that Con Gunning, who ran in the general (120 odd) has started doing the ballyer rounds already and intends to run in 09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by codology
    Why would someone step down now?
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingKane
    Quote Originally Posted by codology
    Why would someone step down now?
    KK I hear its just a case of a councillor who did'nt do as well as she expected in the GE and is just fed up on the "corpo".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah.... well at least she can't simple co-opt a daugther... I despise political nepotism... I hope the excellent Peter O'Neill takes that seat, though would involve a slight hop of boundaries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamirer
    ah.... well at least she can't simple co-opt a daugther... I despise political nepotism... I hope the excellent Peter O'Neill takes that seat, though would involve a slight hop of boundaries.
    If it is the case as cod outlines than now is better than some other time in the future. Fact is local government isn't for everyone and depending on your outlook it can be somewhat restrictive.

I would also have good things to say about Peter O'Neill.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it is the case as cod outlines than now is better than some other time in the future. Fact is local government isn't for everyone and depending on your outlook it can be somewhat restrictive.

There is also a former councillor, from the ward in question, who lost his seat in 2004 but was an excellent local rep.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster

There is also a former councillor, from the ward in question, who lost his seat in 2004 but was an excellent local rep.
    True enough.

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast