Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 202 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlow-Kilkenny bye election

Default Carlow-Kilkenny by-election

Phil Hogan has been nominate to European Commission

Fionnan Sheahan says the by-election won't be till spring as EU commission job doesn't start till October unlike the two other by-elections set for late September.

By-election to replace Hogan is delayed until spring - Independent.ie

currently 3 FG 1 Labour 1 FF
    ElectionsIreland.org: 31st Dáil - Carlow Kilkenny First Preference Votes

no boundary change in next GE staying a 5 seater http://www.constituency-commission.i...012-Chap-4.pdf

Phil Hogan was based near Kilkenny town

SF's top candidate last time out was Kathleen Funchion who previously was SF euro candidate John Cassin is from Carlow

FF ran Jennifer Murnane O'Connor Carlow based and former TD Bobby Aylward Kilkenny based.

last GE Labour ran Des hurley but he didn't elected then or at the 2014 local elections

Green ran Mary White

recent local elections 2014 Election results - RTÉ News

will add more to this gives us a chance

Carlow–Kilkenny (Dáil Éireann constituency)
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 11th July 2014 at 04:29 PM.
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I reckon FF are in with an excellent chance of winning the by-election, Carlow-Kilkenny was their best election result percentage wise in the last General election where they got 28.1% First Preference votes.

Quote Originally Posted by devoutcapitalist View Post
    I reckon FF are in with an excellent chance of winning the by-election, Carlow-Kilkenny was their best election result percentage wise in the last General election where they got 28.1% First Preference votes.
    so will their candidate be?
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you look at the 2014 figures its very interesting:

FF 20,757 – 34%
    FG 17,513 – 29%
    Oth 8,406 – 14%
    Lab 7,192 – 12%
    SF 6,576 – 11%

Very hard to call but probably FF based on an anti-government vote.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    so will their candidate be?
    Possibly Jennifer Murnane-O'Connor as Martin is looking to increase the number of female candidates for FF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devoutcapitalist View Post
    Possibly Jennifer Murnane-O'Connor as Martin is looking to increase the number of female candidates for FF.
    Airhead who couldn't get elected to Carlow town council a few years ago? Doubt it. She'd implode in Kilkenny where the vast majority of the voters are. It'll have to be somebody from Kilkenny as a basic requirement.
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member Ramon Mercadar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Airhead who couldn't get elected to Carlow town council a few years ago? Doubt it. She'd implode in Kilkenny where the vast majority of the voters are. It'll have to be somebody from Kilkenny as a basic requirement.
    Who would regard as possibles?
    In 1908, in London, at the Olympics, Irish American Martin Sheridan announced “This flag dips for no earthly king," when the US team paraded past the royal box.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a difficult one for FG. There's no grieving widow or mourners chorus to pick their candidate from. Their usual playbook has to go out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Mercadar View Post
    Who would regard as possibles?
    I don't see any myself. But logic says a Kilkenny based option is the only possibility. Some bimbo from Carlow will not fly in Urlingford let alone Glenmore. A party would be mad to run a Carlow candidate.
    Сохранить Украины

Advertising insults our intelligence. The intelligent thing to do is ignore advertising.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have several political parties who are desperate to find any evidence that "we are back".

Prepare yourselves for any amount of "rattling a stick in an empty can" punchlines.

Like Meehaul's "well, actually the messages that we are getting on the doorsteps is quite positive". (people refusing to answer the door).

Or Eamon Whines "we made difficult decisions" (like the cronies appointed to quangos).

Now to be joined by Moanie Joanie....
    Who are the chums of the Provisional Cult in the Middle East ? http://predicthistunpredictpast.blog...salute-on.html

Page 1 of 202 123451151101 ... LastLast