Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FF National Executive Committee of 20 Elections

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FF National Executive Committee of 20 Elections

With the 69Ú Árd Fheis just around the corner and nominations due to close at the end of this month has anyone any predictions on this years Committee of 20 Elections to the Árd Comhairle?

My early predictions

Male Panel:
    I'd say Anto Kelly, Colin Joyce, Michael Smyth & Dara Calleary are safe bets, will be interesting to see who else throws their hat in the ring.

Female Panel:
    Katherine Byrne, Maria Corrigan, Deirdre Heaney?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bernie lawlor, paddie connellan and rosaleen o grady on the female panel for definate

as for the males,...its a tough one. lots of good candidates running... i think declan o'loughlin (former nyc) is in with a good shot

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i don't know if this is rumour and i don't expect if it's true for FF members to go in to great detail on internal maters in public, but is'nt there a little division between FF's who want to oranise in the north and others that don't. are the all irelanders oranised enough to get there people on to the national executive or are they to small in number?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The decision re the North is a strategic one - all about timing man!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ON THE ONE ROAD
    i don't know if this is rumour and i don't expect if it's true for FF members to go in to great detail on internal maters in public, but is'nt there a little division between FF's who want to oranise in the north and others that don't. are the all irelanders oranised enough to get there people on to the national executive or are they to small in number?

It's no secret that it was agreed at the last Ard Fheis that we would organise in the 6 counties. I would say almost every member of the current "Committee of 15" supports the policy. It's a question of when to implement the policy that’s the issue.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish all candidates the best of luck in their efforts to get elected to this 99-strong pointless bdy, filled with pals of the leadership, assorted lickarses and party donors.

but is'nt there a little division between FF's who want to oranise in the north and others that don't
    This is a great idea. The time, money and energy that FF waste on debating this idea will be of huge benefit to Fine Gael and Labour as the election approaches
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a great idea. The time, money and energy that FF waste on debating this idea will be of huge benefit to Fine Gael and Labour as the election approaches
    How many times have you now said this on this site, Barry? Do you think that it convinces anybody other than yourself?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CJH
    How many times have you now said this on this site, Barry? Do you think that it convinces anybody other than yourself?
    Am I incorrect in what I'm saying?

Perhaps you should cast your vote in this election based on the candidate's stance on this issue?
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know Barry, you can contribute to a political discussion without making it a completely biased partial attack purely because you're an opposing party.

Cop on, grow up, or feck off.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To quote your good self on the "unregulated printing" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane
    Attack the issues, but leave me the hell alone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast