Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fianna Fail, the next hundred years.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fianna Fail, the next hundred years.

In 2026 the Fianna Fail party will be 100 years old and I for one hope to be alive for the centenary. Over the last 81 years Fianna Fail has had its share of ups and downs, but we all have to agree that the party has had more ups. The great Eamon De Velara once said :
    "If there is to be any hope of prosperity for this country it is by reversing that policy which made us simply the kitchen garden for supplying the British with cheap food."
    If only he was alive to see the progress Ireland has made since he made that prophetic statement.
    I myself often wonder where the Fianna Fail party will be in the year 2226 (200 years after its creation). Ideas?.
    “We have a duty to work now to build a better Ireland. An Ireland that is a warm home for everybody who lives here.” Bertie Ahern, Taoiseach.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Fianna Fail, the next hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    In 2026 the Fianna Fail party will be 100 years old and I for one hope to be alive for the centenary. Over the last 81 years Fianna Fail has had its share of ups and downs, but we all have to agree that the party has had more ups. The great Eamon De Velara once said :
    "If there is to be any hope of prosperity for this country it is by reversing that policy which made us simply the kitchen garden for supplying the British with cheap food."
    If only he was alive to see the progress Ireland has made since he made that prophetic statement.
    I myself often wonder where the Fianna Fail party will be in the year 2226 (200 years after its creation). Ideas?.
    Ruling the world, under your instruction, Prince of Darkness.

btw, the Mods will be moving this thread to FF's one pretty quickly.
    Private profit for public gain!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

By your command.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    By your command.
    CopyMonster!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ard-Taoiseach
    By your command.
    CopyMonster!
    I was running on with the joke.

Anyway, I though this thread was going to be about a proposed 100 years of FF rule. I was all set to fill out my Green Card application form.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why only a hundred: Fianna Fail shall rule for a 1,000 years! (especially after the friendly culmination of historical cross-national pressures to unify the native populations of this isle under one nation).

Its amazing no-one thought of this before!
    We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ard-Taoiseach
    By your command.
    CopyMonster!

Anyway, I though this thread was going to be about a proposed 100 years of FF rule. I was all set to fill out my Green Card application form.
    Sorry, CookieMonster. Imagine 100 years of FF rule, it's deeply disturbing, I can imagine them getting steadily greyer and greyer until the Oireachtas report looks like a load of static, with great big fuzzes of grey moving about the place.

FF won't exist in 2026. A party with its roots in FF will and most probably will be still in power in a 32 county Ireland.

In 2226 (300 years after its creation - how many failed LC Maths!!!) it will have no relevance as 50% of the population of Earth will have died as a result of global warming 25% will be living on other planets and 25% will be just trying to survive.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

[quote=Ard-Taoiseach]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ard-Taoiseach":2ke51fuy
    By your command.
    CopyMonster!

Sorry, CookieMonster. Imagine 100 years of FF rule, it's deeply disturbing, I can imagine them getting steadily greyer and greyer until the Oireachtas report looks like a load of static, with great big fuzzes of grey moving about the place.[/quote:2ke51fuy]

I'm sure the coalition partners would get older and greyer while the FF TDs would grow more youthful and vibrant.

–George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe
    FF won't exist in 2026. A party with its roots in FF will and most probably will be still in power in a 32 county Ireland.

In 2226 (300 years after its creation - how many failed LC Maths!!!) it will have no relevance as 50% of the population of Earth will have died as a result of global warming 25% will be living on other planets and 25% will be just trying to survive.
    If 25% of us are living on other planets, surely that technical wizardry would have simultaneously avoided a global semi-extinction of the human species as a result of climate change?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast