Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Should There Be Holocaust Laws For Ireland?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Should There Be Holocaust Laws For Ireland?

My reason for asking this is because of the blatant anti Semitism displayed by a small minority of cowards in the Holocaust thread. Certain posters are disputing the six million figure, others are saying that their were no gas chambers and others are sourcing fake newspaper articles claiming that the six million figure was around since 1860. Crazy stuff and most sane people will just see it for what it is ie Nazi Jew hating lowlifes with nothing better to be doing with their time. The laws are in place in many major European countries such as France, Germany, Belgium, Bosnia/Herzegovina and have been an unqualified success.

The holocaust of six million Jews, the horrific, suffering that they endured not just in WWII but throughout the centuries represented a nadir in human civilization. Their unjust sacrifice must never be forgotten, may it never have been in vein. That a country like Germany, a country that gave the world great art and music could allow itself to fall to such barbaric proportions. However, it has to be said that the majority of peace loving Germans wanted no part but knew the consequences if they disobeyed the Nazis.

What do you think, should their be holocaust laws in Ireland? if the mods could put a poll up, that would be very much appreciated.

Laws against Holocaust denial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Introduction to the Holocaust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. People are free to make cocks of themselves all day long. I like everything out in the open, better for us all that way.
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Another thread for the Anti-Semites to infect; just what we needed.
    Let us consider the Serapeum of Alexandria.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SantryLover View Post
    Sometimes a line has to be drawn in the sand, what about implementing hate laws?
    Aren't there hate laws in place? Certainly there are incitement and discrimination laws.
    History will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    No. People are free to make cocks of themselves all day long.
    This.

As abhorrent as these attitudes are they tend to belong to a small minority of keyboard warriors. I can't imagine anywhere (other than special groups where like minded idiots meet) where voicing these opinions wouldn't be met with derision and ostracism.
    It's either very new cheese or very old meat...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SantryLover View Post
    well they are not in effect in the holocaust thread are they. If that was another country they would be before a judge.
    So you decided the best thing to do was to open a thread that you knew would draw them like flies to sht?
    History will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So my suspicions were right, the Holocaust threat, started by a noted Israeli lobbyist, was a ruse to provoke antisemitic (or perceived antisemitc) remarks, in order to make the case that Ireland is antisemitic and therefore special laws are required.

Holocaust denial is already a crime in several European countries, thanks to strong lobbying by the Israelis. Of course they would like to see it become a crime in all European countries, hence the activity of the usual suspects on this forum and, presumably, elsewhere.

I would be against such a law in Ireland, I'm for freedom of speech as long as it doesn't harm or offend anybody. However with a Minister of Justice with strong ties to Israel I wouldn't be too confident about such a law not being passed in the future.

Yet another reason not to vote FG ever!

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recall yesterday your best argument on some thread was that I was a "Hitler fanboy" reading Mein Kampf...because of my avatar!

Maybe there should be laws, maybe not, but either way I don't think the opinions of the hysterical and those who overreact should be considered.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Another thread for the Anti-Semites to infect; just what we needed.
    And that would appear to be the very purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anti-semitism/holocaust denial laws were essential in post war europe where there was a history of collaboration with the nazis and sending jews to the camps.

what we have here at the moment is a case of stupid, and unfortunately you can't outlaw stupidity.
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast