Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Bachelors Walk Massacre Memoiral Plaque Fundraiser

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bachelors Walk Massacre Memoiral Plaque Fundraiser

We are hosting a night of music, song and a historic lecture on the events that unfolded in Dublin on the 26th of July 1914.

First we'll be hearing from Tom Stokes, Tom will be giving a lecture on the Asgard Gunrunning and the tragic circumstances that unfolded on Bachelors Walk that faithful evening. Which seen the Kings Own Scottish Borderers murder three unarmed civilians with a fourth dying days later from bayonet wounds.

Those who lost their lives were Patrick Quinn, Mary Duffy, James Brennan and Sylvester Pidgeon dying of bayonet wounds. The Memorial Plaque will be unveiled on the centenary anniversary later this year on the new Boardwalk running along Bachelors Walk.

Music is by Pól Mac Adaim and guests, with DJ till early morning. Musicians, Singers, Poets and entertainers are welcome to come along and join in.

Proceeds raised on the night will go towards covering the cost of the Memorial Plaque with all remaining funds donated to the National Graves Association for the redevelopment of St. Paul's Republican Plot Glasnevin.

THIS IS A NONE PARTY POLITICAL EVENT ALL ARE WELCOME.

SATURDAY 22nd OF FEBRUARY
    THE ABBEY HOTEL,
    52 MIDDLE ABBEY ST.
    DUBLIN 1.

Entry Fee: €5.00

Doors from 8pm till late, with a full late bar.
    Last edited by I'm #1.; 21st January 2014 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A very worthy event. Here is some film of the funerals.

Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts or the state manipulation of certain markets etc. Free market my eye.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post
    A very worthy event. Here is some film of the funerals.
    Sorry I can't reply to your private message as I don't have those posting privileges yet. Thanks for the heads up and that has been rectified.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a reminder this event is this Saturday and promising to be an entertaining night for all.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is this evening, in town tonight why not drop along for a while and support this great cause.
    Last edited by I'm #1.; 22nd February 2014 at 12:57 PM.