Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Rotimi Adebari lie about his past?.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Did Rotimi Adebari lie about his past?.

The 43-year-old mayor of Portlaoise said he fled from Nigeria in 2000 because of religious persecution. Yet yesterdays Irish Daily Mail alleges that Mr Adebari lived in the UK prior to arriving in Ireland and worked as a train driver on the London Underground!. If it is proven that he told lies about his past should he resign from his post as mayor?.
    "The Council of Ministers will have far more power over the budgets of the member states than the federal government in the United States has over the budget of Texas"
    Jean-Claude Trichet.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting - what religious persecution does he claim to be fleeing from? What religion does he allege to be?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should read the First Black Mayor thread - it's filled with slobbering indignation.

If he follows the example of every other politician from the Taoiseach down, he won't resign.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon
    You should read the First Black Mayor thread - it's filled with slobbering indignation.

If he follows the example of every other politician from the Taoiseach down, he won't resign.
    Let me be clear, I didn't start this thread to start a cyber witch hunt.
    I just want to know if people think he should resign if the allegations are proven.
    "The Council of Ministers will have far more power over the budgets of the member states than the federal government in the United States has over the budget of Texas"
    Jean-Claude Trichet.

is he not contributing to this country in taxes now etc?

isn't that yer main prob with asylum seekers
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Did Rotimi Adebari lie about his past?.

Quote Originally Posted by Champa
    The 43-year-old mayor of Portlaoise said he fled from Nigeria in 2000 because of religious persecution. Yet yesterdays Irish Daily Mail alleges that Mr Adebari lived in the UK prior to arriving in Ireland and worked as a train driver on the London Underground!
    One does not contradict the other.

If he fled Nigeria because of religious persecution, he might have arrived into the UK first, then moved to Ireland.

There is religious persecution of Christians, primarily Protestants, by Islamists in certain parts of Nigeria. If Mayor Adebari is Protestant, I hope to meet him someday at a Church of Ireland service.

I believe that the state should not be blind to religious affiliation of asulym seekers - Christians (of all kinds) are far more likely tham Muslims to be persecuted in Nigeria and many other places. They are also far more likely to integrate successfully, as the case of Mayor Adebari shows.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelR
    The 43-year-old mayor of Portlaoise said he fled from Nigeria in 2000 because of religious persecution. Yet yesterdays Irish Daily Mail alleges that Mr Adebari lived in the UK prior to arriving in Ireland and worked as a train driver on the London Underground!

If he fled Nigeria because of religious persecution, he might have arrived into the UK first, then moved to Ireland.

There is religious persecution of Christians, primarily Protestants, by Islamists in certain parts of Nigeria. If Mayor Adebari is Protestant, I hope to meet him someday at a Church of Ireland service.

I believe that the state should not be blind to religious affiliation of asulym seekers - Christians (of all kinds) are far more likely tham Muslims to be persecuted in Nigeria and many other places. They are also far more likely to integrate successfully, as the case of Mayor Adebari shows.
    Why did he feel the need to lie though?. If the allegations are true then he did not leave Nigeria in 2000, he would have left well before 2000 and arrived in the UK first!. When he arrived in Ireland he did not come straight from Nigeria.
    Jean-Claude Trichet.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rotimi is an elected politician and a Nigerian! What on earth makes you think he might be a liar?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelR

Why did he feel the need to lie though?. If the allegations are true then he did not leave Nigeria in 2000, he would have left well before 2000 and arrived in the UK first!. When he arrived in Ireland he did not come straight from Nigeria.
    and under the asylum rules one must apply for asylum in the first country one lands in who have asylum agreements, so in order to be allowed to work on the London Underground he MUST either have been granted asylum or not need it because he had a British passport in the first place.
    So hes a migrant worker who moved from London to Dublin and wrongly claimed benefits and a house based on his being an asylum seeker which he clearly was not.
    Can a catholic family move from Belfast to Dublin and demand a house because of loyalist parades in their street, hardly likely, eh!
    Think Tall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would appear that Mr Adebari has some very serious questions to answer.

Saturday's Daily Mail carries some very serious questions about his background with named sources that if true contradict his own version of events and would make his claim for Asylum in our Country fraudulent and indeed illegal.

If Mr Adebari feels he has been libelled he should sue this newspaper but so far there is no indication that he will pursue that course of action.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast