Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Planet.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Planet.

    A huge boost for the tourist industry. Ireland has topped a list of the World's Friendliest Countries in a survey drawn up by the Lonely Planet travel guide group. The survey found that visitors to Ireland are always 'in for a treat' and with 'The Troubles' ended, 'a cautious optimism reigns supreme, infecting the land once again with the sense that anything's possible'. Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1017/tourism.html

  2. #2

    Default

    Shure, it would be a grand little country if you could roof it.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Twin Towers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by freedomlover
    Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.
    What are you talking about? Feel the love here

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member The OD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Axis Mundi
    Posts
    11,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by freedomlover
    A huge boost for the tourist industry. Ireland has topped a list of the World's Friendliest Countries in a survey drawn up by the Lonely Planet travel guide group. The survey found that visitors to Ireland are always 'in for a treat' and with 'The Troubles' ended, 'a cautious optimism reigns supreme, infecting the land once again with the sense that anything's possible'. Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1017/tourism.html
    Go f**k yourself.....



    (Better be careful with my use of asterisks, dont want Colonel Myers on my case.)
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's great to hear, and ties nicely with our title as the world's best country in which to live. We're truly a great country.
    Private profit for public gain!

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The OD

    Go f**k yourself.....



    (Better be careful with my use of asterisks, dont want Colonel Myers on my case.)
    or Colonel Cochrane!!! :x

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Plan

    [quote=David Cochrane]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The OD":1zf5us6g

    Go f**k yourself.....



    (Better be careful with my use of asterisks, dont want Colonel Myers on my case.)
    or Colonel Cochrane!!! :x[/quote:1zf5us6g]

    Colonel? Are you styling yourself after Gaddaffi now? have you got the women bodyguards yet/
    Private profit for public gain!

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Only at the weekends Ard.....

  9. #9
    905
    Guest

    Default Re: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by The OD
    Quote Originally Posted by freedomlover
    A huge boost for the tourist industry. Ireland has topped a list of the World's Friendliest Countries in a survey drawn up by the Lonely Planet travel guide group. The survey found that visitors to Ireland are always 'in for a treat' and with 'The Troubles' ended, 'a cautious optimism reigns supreme, infecting the land once again with the sense that anything's possible'. Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1017/tourism.html
    Go f**k yourself.....



    (Better be careful with my use of asterisks, dont want Colonel Myers on my case.)
    Wouldn't it be so nice if he joined us for regular debate.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane
    Only at the weekends Ard.....
    OK, sir!
    Private profit for public gain!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •